puppy sleeping to much???

kat76

Jun 25, 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Fiona Harley
our 14 week old girl Harley has been sleeping more than usual the last few days. she is eating and drinking fine and doesn't act lethargic when she is awake, should we be worried. we are first time bully owners so we worry about everything. Any opinions, how much should she be sleeping at this age?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Puppies need all the rest they can get, its normal. :yes:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Kat, I agree with Phil, it's normal, puppies are like babies and need lots of sleep, they will sleep more when they are going through a growth spurt as well. Puppies can sleep up to 18 hours a day.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Puppies need all the rest they can get, its normal. :yes:

Hi Kat, I agree with Phil, it's normal, puppies are like babies and need lots of sleep, they will sleep more when they are going through a growth spurt as well. Puppies can sleep up to 18 hours a day.

aghreed.... they play heard for short periods and then sleep just as hard.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
I never really tracked my girls sleep when they were pups but I do recall watching my youngest playing and all of the sudden we would look at her and say what is she doing??? She would literally fall asleep in the middle of playing. It was the cutest thing EVER!

I truly loved the puppy stage and could barely take my eyes off my adorable little pups...well that hasn't changed much and they are 7 & 11 LOL. Be sure to take lots and lots of pics because they grow up so fast.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree, puppies sleep a lot! But if you feel in your gut that something's not right, you know her better than anyone, trust your instincts if she's not being her usual self. You can also do an exam to check for warning signs something may not be right. Take her temperature, temp should be between 99-101 F, check her gums and make sure they are nice and pink, they should be wet and not tacky. Roll her on her back and she should immediately try to correct herself unless she's a particularly submissive pup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
K

kat76

Jun 25, 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Fiona Harley
Thank you for all your input, it helps so much just to hear from people who have been through all of this. As a first timer I will be asking for alot of advice. I am so glad I found this sight!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.