Help Needed! Bald Patch on Lucy's Tail

Elise Brown

Jul 21, 2014
Maryland
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
My 3 year old has had a bald patch on the top of her tail for almost 2 years now. It started off small and gradually got to the size of a 1/2 dollar, and stayed consistent for over a year. Now it's growing again. The skin without hair is black and smooth, not dry or oily. She can't reach her tail so I know it's not from licking and it doesn't touch to ground when she sits or scoots. She had mange when she was a puppy but it cleared up quickly with medication. Besides that she has no other help issues. Has anyone experienced this with their Bulldog?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be totally normal as they sit on their tail for the most part, all the time. my girl is all white and her tail is the same way -- right in the middle of it. as long as there are no other signs/spots on her it should be that. But keep an eye on it to make sure it is not spreading or any other spots on her body

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
^ Same here.... my male also all white had a bald patch on his tail. Its now growing back after switching to a raw diet. l wouldnt worry too much about it though as long as its pretty much staying the same and theres no itching/crust.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.