Doggie Gas

JaclynCupcakes

Dec 7, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Weezy
Ok so heres the deal...Weezy has horrible gas!!! What can I do to help this? I feel like I need a gas mask everytime I want to cuddle up with him :D lol

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Well all bullies (and squishy faced dogs) are prone to gas because they inhale more air when they eat than other dogs do. BUT certain foods (the not so good ones) cause more gas than the more high quality ones do. What are you feeding Weezy? Love that names by the way :)

OP
JaclynCupcakes

JaclynCupcakes

Dec 7, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Weezy
No I dont give him alot of treats. Usually only when he does his business outside as a reward. Oh well I guess, I love him anyways :D

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
How fast does he eat? Maybe the gas would lessen if he ate slower. I know they make dishes with four separate areas, to make them eat slower.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas rarely has gas :up:, BUT when he does :eek: and it is the silent but deadly ones that get us, not the big loud ones we can hear!! :yes:

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I haven't had the gas issue with Bear yet. Good food but could be the treats. Maybe try to change those to a higher quality as well. The slow feeder bowls might be good to try, i had to get one because Bear ate to fast to begin with, it slowed him down by approx 10 seconds, HA.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Wish they made Beano for Bullies.

WOW I should invite that,it has
a catchy title too!

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Silva use to have such bad gas we would have to open the windows in our room, it was awful. Since she has had any "bad" treats and is on good food, she rarely has gas!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I agree with [MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION] - I think it could be because Weezy is eating too fast. I have a similar issue with Truman. Maybe try a puzzle feeder or bowl to slow things down a little, which will help from gulping up air with all that yummy food.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Welcome to the world of Bullies! Both my Bully and Boston are stinky... bedtime is often full of dutch ovens and "good lord what died?" The baby who is only 3 months old has proven to be just as stinky as her Auntie Cassie.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.