Terrible mommy yet thankful to EBN

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I've been looking through this website for a month or so and I absolutely love it. Since I've been here I found out that Goob's food was junk and switched him, gradually, to a Grain Free Food.

Goob has always been super, super healthy. He is three years old and the only health issue we've had with him has been one bout of diarrhea when he was 10 months old. He has no allergies whatsoever, never had a yeast infection, no ear infections, no cherry eye surgery necessary, no UTIs, or anything else I can think of.

I bathe him once a week, clean his tail pocket after every potty, keep his wrinkles dry and clean, and clean his ears regularly. Despite all these things I thought I was doing well, I had no idea of all the things I was doing wrong. I had NO CLUE that baby wipes were toxic to dogs!!!! I sometimes cleaned Goob's paws AND FACE with them. I feel so terrible. I am so fortunate that nothing has happened to him so far. I thought "hypoallergenic, fragrance free, and safe for BABIES," how could this NOT be safe for Goob. Now I know!!!

I also didn't clean Goob's wrinkles everyday. Like I said, he has never had a yeast infection in them and they always appear fine but NOW....I am on dryness alert! I have seen some of the pictures of infections and I do NOT want that to happen to Goob.

My husband and I are ordering several products online just in case Goob gets a cut, a hot spot, or a yeast infection. NOW, I know i need to be prepared JUST IN CASE. I just love all the information that is available on this website. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Hopefully NOW I am becoming a better bully mommy.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well it sounds like you've been a great bully mommy to me!

But I understand what you mean, I'm learning things here everyday. Even about how fashionable kilts are these days!! 4 years ago I thought I was so bulldog saavy but I didn't have a clue!!! Learning from each other is so awesome and I know my bullies don't know that they benefit from ebn, but I'm glad I do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
When I first got on EBN I was in a state of shock… so MANY things I was doing wrong for my bullies. We ALL have been there, and that's why we are here to learn from each other and keep our babies healthy!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well it sounds like you've been a great bully mommy to me!

But I understand what you mean, I'm learning things here everyday. Even about how fashionable kilts are these days!! 4 years ago I thought I was so bulldog saavy but I didn't have a clue!!! Learning from each other is so awesome and I know my bullies don't know that they benefit from ebn, but I'm glad I do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KILTS!!!! :ROFL:

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
One of the reasons I love this site so much is the huge amount of knowledge available. You are NOT a terrible Mommy. You are a good Mommy and like us all, learning all we can to keep our babies happy and healthy

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
You are definitely far from being a bad bullie mom! Sounds like you are doing wonderfully! That is why I love EBN though, I learn something new every day. :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I've been looking through this website for a month or so and I absolutely love it. Since I've been here I found out that Goob's food was junk and switched him, gradually, to a Grain Free Food.

Goob has always been super, super healthy. He is three years old and the only health issue we've had with him has been one bout of diarrhea when he was 10 months old. He has no allergies whatsoever, never had a yeast infection, no ear infections, no cherry eye surgery necessary, no UTIs, or anything else I can think of.

I bathe him once a week, clean his tail pocket after every potty, keep his wrinkles dry and clean, and clean his ears regularly. Despite all these things I thought I was doing well, I had no idea of all the things I was doing wrong. I had NO CLUE that baby wipes were toxic to dogs!!!! I sometimes cleaned Goob's paws AND FACE with them. I feel so terrible. I am so fortunate that nothing has happened to him so far. I thought "hypoallergenic, fragrance free, and safe for BABIES," how could this NOT be safe for Goob. Now I know!!!

I also didn't clean Goob's wrinkles everyday. Like I said, he has never had a yeast infection in them and they always appear fine but NOW....I am on dryness alert! I have seen some of the pictures of infections and I do NOT want that to happen to Goob.

My husband and I are ordering several products online just in case Goob gets a cut, a hot spot, or a yeast infection. NOW, I know i need to be prepared JUST IN CASE. I just love all the information that is available on this website. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Hopefully NOW I am becoming a better bully mommy.

You are a great Bully mama.... And we all learn something new from each other almost daily!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
What's your point phil? Don't you have the legs for it ???

@donphin has his own business [MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION] windowkilties.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.