Help Needed! Unknown allergy to something!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
She got puffy but not from the stuffy! She was like this when I got home at 7:30pm. She didn't get the new stinky until 2:30am, when I gave her a break from the cone. No new detergent...and the floors have been down for over 3 weeks (at least part of them have been) The scratching is just going to have to run it's course. It could very well be a toxin from a wasp also......

I could only imagine what it's like to be itchy and not allowed to scratch it. I do have a tad bit of sympathy for her.....so I have given her several breaks from the cone. This is what happened the last time I let her out of it. IMG_1731[1].jpgIMG_1726[1] itchy.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This has happened to Banks a few times.... We chalked it up to spider bites. Gave her a cool bath... No soap to help settle the itch

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
This has happened to Banks a few times.... We chalked it up to spider bites. Gave her a cool bath... No soap to help settle the itch

We did the bath last night. It pissed her off.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We did the bath last night. It pissed her off.

There is a surprise..... I did not say Banks liked it, but the cool water does sooth the skin/itch

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
Poor orion .. Will this effect her movies ...try a sock with duck tape holding it on , not tight,,,when the cone is off ...
Ellie is needing her orion video fix soon ,,,we love then .. Hope everying works out.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
There is a surprise..... I did not say Banks liked it, but the cool water does sooth the skin/itch

LOL.....I know Banks and Orion share the same sentiments when it comes to baths. Orion put on her brakes and I literally had to pick her up and carry her to the tub. She was against it!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I hope Orion will be fine. One of my dogs isvery allergic to stings/bites, and of course she chases bees and wasps! She got stunk a couple of months ago, Her head swelled, her eyes swelled shut, she was covered in hives-not a bare spot. The hives were so bad that when they went down, the hair fell out in the spots. I keep some prednisone on hand, and I had to give her pred and two benedryl. It took quite a while for it to recede. Of course it happened on a Sun. That's when all my disasters have always happened. She is so sensitive, She had three surgeries in June, and when I could finally remove the cone-she had sores and hotspots all around her neck. Still battling with a couple. Sorry I rambled-all this was to say that maybe you should keep some prednisone on hand "just in case". If she is sensitive to bites, it could be worse next time. I also bathed her in Chlorhexidine shampoo for itching. Oh little O-please feel better soon.:(:yes:

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Another cause to consider is that sometimes dog food companies will change their formulas without any notice. So even if it was once OK it may not be anymore.

I agree with the above comments about prednisone. As much as I hate using steroids it's nice to give along with Benadryl when crazy allergic reactions occur.

I wonder if using a vinegar rinse would deter licking???

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
You should ask your vet about the apoquel pill...it's very hard to get because the results are absolutely amazing..it's not available in NY due to high demand and I'm getting Hershey's from De. From his previous vet...It works so well they can't keep it in stock and they're estimating a shortage until summer 2015....everybody is raving about how effective it is..wouldn't hurt to ask.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Thanks guys!!