Help Needed! Unknown allergy to something!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Currently I have given her a foot bath, 2 benadryl and put a cone on her. Anything else you can suggest to help this poor diva? #Orion

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Poor baby. Has the Benadryl had a chance to kick in? I'm thinking if you have a cone on her, you could put some anti itch cream on her paw(s) and hopefully it'll help.

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Is her face all swollen? Looks like an allergic reaction to a bug bite. As long as she can breath OK and stays breathing ok for the next couple hours it will go away I think. Otherwise a trip to the vet for a shot of steroids is in order. Is it just the one paw she is licking? look for a stinger?

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Is her face all swollen? Looks like an allergic reaction to a bug bite. As long as she can breath OK and stays breathing ok for the next couple hours it will go away I think. Otherwise a trip to the vet for a shot of steroids is in order. Is it just the one paw she is licking? look for a stinger?

She was licking her back feet earlier....I looked for a stinger during bath time, but she was quite bitchy and had other thoughts in mind. Her breathing is stable right now and the benadryl should have kicked in. Luckily we do have an ER about 10 minutes away. I feel so bad for her!! I'm a nervous mom anyways and it's really taking all I have NOT to rush her to the ER.

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Happened to Lola where he face swelled up like that too. We ended up taking her to the ER and they gave her a shot of steroids. She had hives as well if I remember. Did she eat anything new? like crab or shrimp?

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
No. Her diet is pretty strict.

**The one true gift in life is to love and to be loved**

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor baby. You have been given great advice already, and since nothing in her diet has changed! it's more likely an environmental allergy from outside, and most probably an insect bite or a bee sting, that she may have got from the grass. Maybe a bee was hiding in the grass, and she got stung. That happened to my Jack Russell once. Keep an eye on her and the Benadryl should help. If her face swells a lot, or her eyes swell shut, and the Benadryl doesn't seem to help, or most importantly if she is having trouble breathing, or has laboured breathing, take her to the emergency vet right away. I hope the Benadryl helps, and she feels better soon.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Cheryl, Bella has been like this several times and I always ended up taking her to the ER because the benadryl didn't seem to stop it fast enough. Each time they told me it was bug bites… her face would swell up just like Baby O's. BUT her paws never got red like that, and like you I would get nervous that her breathing would become compromised. The steroid shots would really help… I hope she's doing okay!!!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
It's 5:39 am and all is well. Except we haven't slept yet. Every time I take the cone off she starts to lick her paws and scratch her ears and her eyes. I'm no longer sure she was stung..... The swelling is gone and the redness is mostly gone. But she continues to itch. Ugh.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Poor baby. Any new detergent or fabric softener maybe?? Hey what about her new stinky bear [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]? On FB didnt you say it had beads or something different in it???

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Poor baby. Any new detergent or fabric softener maybe?? Hey what about her new stinky bear [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]? On FB didnt you say it had beads or something different in it???

I was just going to post the same! Could be a reaction to the new stinky bears. She may need to stink them up first, or maybe a chemical of some sort is on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It's 5:39 am and all is well. Except we haven't slept yet. Every time I take the cone off she starts to lick her paws and scratch her ears and her eyes. I'm no longer sure she was stung..... The swelling is gone and the redness is mostly gone. But she continues to itch. Ugh.

I agree w/ [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] & @bullmama what about the new stinky bear… or I was thinking didn't you just have new floors/carpet put down in your house? Wonder if there is something on the floors that she's reacting to?!! Just a thought...

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ok so as Orions agent, may I suggest a new video named "my stinky bear made me puffy"? What do you think? Catchy right??

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ok so as Orions agent, may I suggest a new video named "my stinky bear made me puffy"? What do you think? Catchy right??

:rofl: very catchy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola

Regardless of what caused that reaction she will benefit from some steroid pills now to stop the itch. Can you imagine being all itchy and not having the ability to scratch? Poor Baby O (my daughters new favorite youTube Celebrity)
You may want to take her to the vet to get some pills. Its no longer an emergency room visit and she probably won't need the shot anymore. I hope she feels better soon!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.