Trying a New Dog Food

Diego1011

Jun 26, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Diego
I decided to try Pure Balance Salmon and Peas food, being that it is grain free, and not as pricey as most grain free all natural foods. Diego has had diarrhea with the Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice so I'm hoping this food is going to help with that issue. Any info on this food is greatly appreciated. He starts this food tomorrow. I will keep you posted. Thanks

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Good luck and hope this works out for you, I am having issues with Ftse and foods at the moment too.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I hope the new food works out for Diego, and he tolerates it. It's really trial and error when it comes to finding a food that they both like and tolerate. Most bullies are sensitive or allergic to chicken. My female Blossom also suffers from allergies, she's allergic to chicken, salmon, corn and grains. We switched her food 4 times before we found Fromm's Beef Frittata. She's been on this food for a little over two years and was doing really well on it, but the last few months she has started showing allergy symptoms again, no pinkness, or red eyes, or rashes like before, but she has started licking her paws. I have been feeding her the Fromm's Lamb and Lentil this past week to see if it makes any difference and so far she hasn't shown any other symptoms, but is still licking her paws, which is probably still from the Fromm's Beef, as it can take up to a month before you see any changes or benefits from a food change. I like the fact that you don't have to do a slow transition with the Fromm's flavours. I'm hoping this new flavour is one that she tolerates. I'm wondering if she's been on the Beef for too long, and needs a change of protein? Time will tell. Good luck with your food change.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good Luck with the switch.... never heard of the food so interested in how it goes

OP
Diego1011

Diego1011

Jun 26, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Diego
He took a liking to the new food. No diarrhea However, he developed a major rash. I thought it was the food so I switched to pedigree :( . Per, the breeder that's what she feeds them because it's the closest ingredients to Royal Canine and the rest of her bullies do well with it, so that tells me Royal Canine is not as good as the price makes it seem. All in all it wasn't the food. He has generalized demodex and that's what started the rash.

OP
Diego1011

Diego1011

Jun 26, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Diego
I do intend to switch back to the Pure Balance once he finishes this bag of Pedigree.

Most Reactions