cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Ugh! So this morning as I'm getting ready for work I hear Tate being very naughty--he's making these slobbery noises plus he's sitting by himself in the living room. When I look over at him he's got slobber all over his mouth and as I'm rushing over to see what he's chewing on, I screech :w00t: b/c not only did he get a hold of my vintage Baby Bean Bags Doll (I've had this since I was 5 years old...so VERY VINTAGE), but he's ripped thru her and he's now chewing on the "beans"!! Also, one of her arms is missing but luckily I located it a few feet away.

Here's a pic of the doll; anyone who grew up in the 1970's must recognize her!
baby.jpg

The "beans" are actually super-tiny beads and I have no idea how much he ingested. I ended up giving him an entire white bread hot dog bun and also a slice of whole wheat bread b/c I know this may help bind whatever he swallowed and he can poop it out. He looked fine and HAPPILY ate the bread, btw. He was acting fine but I almost took half day to monitor him but felt he was okay b4 leaving for work.

Anyone have experience with this? I'm just hoping the contents are tiny enough to simply pass and i am concerned of the "toxicity" of such beans. This doll was 40+ years old.

Miss Baby Bean Bags is now resting in the trash can. :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:faint: oh Tate!!!!

no idea.... Can you search google to see what they are made with?

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
These guys really love everything that is forbidden. Well life would be too boring if they behave. Hope it's nothing toxic. Keeping fingers crossed.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
:faint: oh Tate!!!!

no idea.... Can you search google to see what they are made with?

I googled and all i could fine are dogs eating the insides of "beany babies". In those cases, people recommended the bread to bind the beans, and to watch for the usual signs of blockage. I'm pretty sure he didn't eat any other parts of the doll but now i'm worrying again b/c i didn't fully examine it before tossing in the garbage.

I hope that little squirt is okay. Wish i had a videocam so i can monitor him from work!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ugh, never a dull moment. I hope the little stinker is OK. let us know later how he is.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh no, I'm sorry about your beany baby, and hope that Tate is okay. I would think the beans will pass through fine, they aren't sharp or large, so he should be able to pass them without danger of puncturing his stomach. My Dozer has eaten so many things and has always pooped or vomited them out. He's eaten socks, a dish cloth, rocks, pine cones, and Nerf bullets from my Grandson. You can alsomgive Tate some high fibre canned dog food to help him move his bowels. That's what our vet gave Dozer when he swallowed a sweat sock. We had to feed him one Tbsp. every one to two hours, and that night he pooped out the sock.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Oh bread is a good idea to bind things. That is smart! Hopefully Tate will be okay and everything will pass fine. We have been watching Frank like a hawk because he ate a stormtrooper arm (so unlike him and the only reason I was able to figure it out was because he was so loud licking his lips). Why do they do things like this??

I am sorry too about the loss of your vintage doll.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] Monica, thanks for the tip on the high fiber dog food! i should get a can of that to keep around. What kind do you use? I was thinking I'll give him some canned pumpkin this evening as well, just to make sure.
[MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION] Erin, I can't believe Frank did that! A Storm Trooper Doll's arm?! yikes!! Did that just happen? hope everything will be okay. It's so true tho...when they lick and smack their lips loud, that's a big indication they're up to no good!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Isn't funny how they will pass over a hundred toys to chew on the one thing they're not supposed to have? I hope Tate passes whatever he managed to ingest easily. I like the bread idea as well. Need to keep some on hand - Bocephus is being extra naughty since I started packing

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I am sorry too about the loss of your vintage doll.

Thanks! I used to save ALL my old dolls from childhood and now only have a couple left. With naughty bullys, it's much better (and safer) being a minimalist!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hope all "comes out" okay with Tate! Sounds like he should have no problem if the beans were small. As for toxic-I survived my childhood, and according to today's standards EVERYTHING I ate, played with or touched was toxic.:) Be a good boy Tate and have a good :poo::mansfriend:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Henny, the canned high fibre dogfood was a prescription dogfood that I bought from the vets office. It was made by Science Diet. ( I know not a good food, but it was only meant to be used for a day or two to help move the bowels after he ingested the sock).

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh dear LORD, been busy this morning… Ugh, I'm so sorry about your doll, and what on earth was Tate thinking :yell: I'm sure he will pass them fine, smart thinking w/the bread. I swear these dogs EAT the craziest stuff… hopefully he will pass them just fine.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Henny, the canned high fibre dogfood was a prescription dogfood that I bought from the vets office. It was made by Science Diet. ( I know not a good food, but it was only meant to be used for a day or two to help move the bowels after he ingested the sock).

Definitely if it helps, then it's something I would use! thanks again Monica :)

[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION], I dunno what goes on inside our bully's brains. And it always happens when i start letting my guard down, feeling like i can put more trust in them. Usually it's Finn i worry about. He was the "ring leader" when it came to my sofa. Funny about this Baby Bean Bags doll--I had put some of that same duct tape i used on the sofa on her b/c she was "springing a leak". Now no amount of duct tape can save her, unfortunately. :nope:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
:whew: Tate seems pretty normal: usual big appetite, playful, naughty, affectionate. The only thing he didn't do yet is go :poo:. Hoping he'll go in the morning.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.