brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So because I am going to be away this weekend, Frankie has a tail irritation. I noticed that for the last couple of days he was scooting on the deck outside. I figured I would take him in to have his glands done when I got back from the weekend. Well last night he looked very uncomfortable to me so I grabbed a baby wipe (which I always do for him because he has a very tight piggy tail) and when I wiped him, I noticed a red sore on the underside of his tail. I don't think he has a tail pocket because when I feel back there, it feels normal. So last night I cleaned it as best I could and put antibiotic ointment on it. This morning I was reading a similar thread and someone suggested witch hazel. I cleaned it with that this morning and I am going to buy desitin on my lunch hour. Any other suggestions?? Do you think maybe it just got wet and I didn't dry it good enough when he was playing outside in the water??? I don't like when my baby is uncomfortable.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Witch hazel is great for tail area cause it is self drying..... I think the onitment is fine... not sure the desitin will do anything unless it is a rash type sore. no pictue? :D

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry you're going through this with Frankie, these guys are so sensitive. I don't have any experience with this, but from reading others posts on this, it sounds like you're doing everything right to clear it up. I also heard that Sudo cream is a really good cream for dogs. We did use it on my Grandson when he was 2 years old and had Roto Virus, which causes severe diarrhea and his butt was so sore. It worked really well and cleared up his bum. Before the cream, his bum looked like it had gotten sunburned and he was so uncomfortable. We had tried Penaten cream, Vaseline for a barrier, Desitin, but nothing cleared it up like the Sudo Cream.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Witch hazel is great for tail area cause it is self drying..... I think the onitment is fine... not sure the desitin will do anything unless it is a rash type sore. no pictue? :D

Oh lord!!! :no:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for the suggestions. I will look for the Sudo cream. I just feel bad for him because I doubt he will let my son clean his coolie the way he lets mama do it.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh man, it's always something… I use the witch hazel as well, and the ointment will keep it from getting irritated.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have been using the witch hazel and it seems much better. No more blood on the towel and he isnt scooting as much. I am going to continue to clean ot twice a day
Especially before he goes to bed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.