Hot Spots

BossysMomma

Jul 7, 2014
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Boss
Hello everyone - I'm a new bully momma and have just recently found a Hot Spot on Boss. :ohmy: I immediately followed the directions to treat it as listed above and am thankful that I had read up on it otherwise I would have totally been freaking out. :w00t: It looks as though Boss is going to recover well :whew::whew: but, I'm still wanting more information on these "Hot Spots." I'm hoping all you bully experts out there can help . . . . .What causes these Hot spots? Do they happen often? How long do they last? What can I do to avoid Boss getting them altogether? Being such a new parent any info or advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi there! Hotspots are caused by a weakened immune system and normally a direct result of an allergy either food or environmental. My boy suffered from them until we figured out he was allergic to rice... once we removed that from his diet, he never had another on

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
Hot spots suck! I've ask my vet how to prevent them. No luck hot spots can be caused by so many things. For my English bulldog he got them really bad and would not stop bitting. This was before he turn 1year.
I would put a sock on it didnt help much. When im home with him I would just keep an eye on him.

I have noticed know that summer is here. (l live in SoCal)I take him outside to go in his little pool. when he gets out he lick and bite his paws like crazy so hes create his own Hot spots. I got to dry him off right away.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree with above usually caused by a food allergy, but can also be a contact or environmental allergy. Glad Boss is getting better! Good idea to try to find the cause of his like you are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flokie

May 10, 2014
Arizona
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duncan
Help! I think I am experiencing my first hot spot. Bully has been trying to itch a spot on his chest which is starting to swell to a quarter sized lump. So far I have shaved all fur on and around the lump, given him a bath, dabbed on some Malacetic, and put hydrocortisone cream and then antibacterial cream. I also gave him half a benadryl and he is now in a t -shirt and passed out in his crate. Did I take the right steps? Anything else I can do?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Help! I think I am experiencing my first hot spot. Bully has been trying to itch a spot on his chest which is starting to swell to a quarter sized lump. So far I have shaved all fur on and around the lump, given him a bath, dabbed on some Malacetic, and put hydrocortisone cream and then antibacterial cream. I also gave him half a benadryl and he is now in a t -shirt and passed out in his crate. Did I take the right steps? Anything else I can do?

Can you post a picture? Hotspots do not normally sweet that I have seen... Might be something else? @bullmam - maybe that hysto-thingy?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

If it is a hotspot, you did good. Can you post a picture of it? Hotspots look very inflamed and gooey from puss, not lumpy most times. Could also be a bug bite, or as [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] mentioned a hystiocytoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.