Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parvo paranoia. When is it safe for pup to go in our own back yard?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bronson
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Parvo paranoia. When is it safe for pup to go in our own back yard?

Quote Originally Posted by eriesisgod View Post
    We are getting our pup today, she will have her first shots. We have two other dogs (chihuahua and chihuahua/pom) that are both up to date on shots. We have lived in our house for a year. No other dogs have been on the property since we moved in. I'm not sure how long it was vacant before we moved in. Our neighbors on the other side of the fence have a jack russell, they don't seem like good pet owners so no idea if he is up to date on his shots. I know we will not let our pup on the ground anywhere out side of our home till she has had all her boosters.

Ok now for the question: do you think it is safe for her to play and potty in our own backyard? She won't be alone. I'm soooooooo scared of parvo and I can't find a good answer. Some people say it can live up to 20 years in the soil.
    Ill pass on some advise I got from a vet. Let the dog in controlled area ie grass around your house ect if you live in an area that requires vaccines. I live in LA and the vet said really only be concerned in high traffic areas, dog parks, trails ect. I tried to only let my guy go in 2-3 yards by my house, and he didn't catch anything.

So about a week after her 3rd shot she should be safe to go on walks right?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by eriesisgod View Post
    So about a week after her 3rd shot she should be safe to go on walks right?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads