Pierogi has licked and chewed in between her toes raw....

BondiandtheBullie

Aug 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hey Everyone,

Yesterday morning, our bulldog Pierogi started licking and chewing in between her toes on her right paw. It is very raw, red and a little bloody. She has a cortisone spray from previous hotspots. I called the vet and was encouraged to spray it on her feet to try and help sooth her itching. All she does is try to lick it off.

Looking for other solutions to deal with giving her relief. It is very moist in between her toes, like a plasma, so I am worried an infection may be setting in and want to get this take care of as soon as possible.

There has been no change in her food, other than rotating the flavors of the Fromm's 5 Star Grain Free Brand, so I am thinking it is either from an environmental allergy or from not drying her feet good enough after time in her puppy pool.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help with Pierogi!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sounds like your baby is suffering from yeasty paws. If you go to our home page search yeasty paws to find threads discussing this topic. I can't copy them for you on my iPad. Hope your baby feels better soon!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree ... seems to be from not drying her feet after pool time... need to keep in between the toes dry when it is humid and hot, yeast LOVEs those warm spots. Bath in epsom salt and dry real good...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agreed, soak paws in Epsom salt, and certainly get a good antibacterial antifungal shampoo like pharmaseb to wash them with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Pierogi? Are you polish by any chance?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
[MENTION=11527]AC2115[/MENTION] Pierogi are my favourite food xxx ohhh i miss Poland !

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.