sores in wrinkles

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
20140629_220550.jpg20140629_220550.jpg

in the last week, Agnes seems to have developed little red sores in some of her face wrinkles. Has anyone experienced this? Or have a remedy? We've never had allergy problems before. We haven't changed foods (Fromm classic adult). I don't know what has caused these. Do I just need to clean her face more or put something on these? Any ideas appreciated as this is all new for us! She doesn't seem to be really uncomfortable and I haven't seen her pawing or scratching at her face, but it doesn't look pleasant!

OP
heavyblankets

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
20140629_220511.jpg20140629_220432.jpg20140629_220458.jpghere are a couple more angles. They're a little hard to photograph since they're in the wrinkle spots

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hard to see but i am thinking it is from water... Do you wipe her chin after drinking? Is it only on her face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Looks like acne, just dry under her face after she eats or drinks and it should go away. Also plastic bowls can cause it to.

OP
heavyblankets

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
They are only on her face and chin. I'll be more careful with wiping her face after she drinks. We use a stainless water bowl. I'll look online for duoxo pads too. Thanks. If these things don't clear it up, we'll maybe look into switching foods.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
This happens to my Ruckus if I don't wipe his mouth after he drinks water and eats. I dry his face with a towel after he drinks water and I try to get his chin with an unscented baby wipe after he eats. If he does get them from time to time I clean the spots with chlorexidine (you can buy the douxo pads, but they get pricey, so I buy chlorexidine and dilute it and apply with a cotton round to little spots like this or if his wrinkles start to get irritated) and they clear right up.

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
Charley had this last year and I didn't get ahead of it soon enough. His turned into an infection requiring some serious antibiotic therapy. I've been using duoxo pads when I see one of these blemishes, and dry his face as often as I can. We haven't had a serious outbreak now that I've learned how to manage it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo has this also. I wipe his chin to make sure it is dry. It clears up after a little while.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.