throwing up question

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
This morning Koozer ate his breakfast (TOTW dry kibble) as normal, around 7am. Just now, about noon, he threw it all up! He's been acting fine, drinking water, and up until now, eating fine. Should I be worried or is it just a fluke?

gabrielsbulldogs

Oct 26, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
oX,RIP Monroe, and Tonka
Do you know what he was doing right before that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This will happen from time to time. Things to watch out for: persistent vomiting, lethargy, lack of appetite, no desire to drink water, no desire to play. Could it be that Koozer ate too quickly, gulping his food, or he was excitable after eating? No chance that he got into something he shouldn't have, like eating a stuffy? Just keep an eye on him for the next few hours.

My own throw-up story: I walked into my bedroom and saw some carrots and hardboiled egg on the rug. Totally baffled me for a few seconds and then i realized that one of my boys must've up-chucked his breakfast w/out my knowledge. Both of them are doing okay but i'm just observing them a little closely today as well. Let us know how Koozer does!

OP
Gfitz911

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Nothing out of the ordinary that we can think of. He does not have any stuffies and so far we can't find anything he would've gotten into. A few minutes before he puked, my husband fed him a small piece of apple. I think a piece may have gotten stuck or irritated him? Thanks for the insight and I'll keep you posted on his progress. Unfortunately we have to take him into daycare/boarding for tonight because both hubby and I are working extra shifts cuz of the holiday. We will advise the staff to keep an eye on him too.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm suspecting the apple may have caused him to regurgitate his food out. I noticed Finn was sort of gagging this a.m too so i think he was the one who regurgitated his breakfast. Don't u just love how our bullies are constantly keeping us on our toes??! I hope the throwing up was just a one time incident for Koozer, I have a suspicion it was, and i'm sure he will be okay this evening at the boarding place.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hope your boy is doing better.... Agree with Henny, seems the apple at have caused the issue

OP
Gfitz911

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
All good. Wonder Dog doing great today! Thanks everyone for the support...again:D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, it's probably nothing, they will do that from time to time. As long as he is wanting to eat and acting fine, I wouldn't worry.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.