Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
@cali baker hows Finn doing?

It seems just slightly better than this a.m.; he's putting more weight on the leg most of the time but sometimes, like when he walks down the steps to the backyard, he will not put wt. on it. I'm just about now going to look closer at his leg and foot. He's been acting fine otherwise, like eating really well, but just not as active right now. Maybe another full day of rest will do the trick. Thank you for asking, Phil :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It seems just slightly better than this a.m.; he's putting more weight on the leg most of the time but sometimes, like when he walks down the steps to the backyard, he will not put wt. on it. I'm just about now going to look closer at his leg and foot. He's been acting fine otherwise, like eating really well, but just not as active right now. Maybe another full day of rest will do the trick. Thank you for asking, Phil :)

It will be fine, I honestly think Lisa is right he slept on it wrong. My thoughts are with the lil Paddington Bear this evening. :heart:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Glad to see that Finn seems better, I would give it time Henny. You know Winston was always jumping on the furniture... I'm going to try & keep Wally from jumping, but we shall see... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Checking in on Finn and reporting Cami is the same. I've kept her knocked
out w/Benadryl and will continue thru the wkend, also on low dose aspirin.
The only thing I know that happened is yesterday, getting the mail on front
porch, Cami came behind me and jumped on couch. She jumped off before
I could help her off. She showed no signs of problems until couple hours later.
Praying it just sprained it.
:pray: ​Give Finn love from us!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
This same thing happened to another bully at a park once and I carried him back to him's mommy's car if I remember correctly. His mom took him in to see the doc and the doc said it was nothing. I bet that he will be fine when you get home. :yes:

Yes I recall this and we all worried and Finn was just fine [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I was looking closely at Finn's hind legs, trying to compare the normal one to the left hind leg/foot which is the one bothering him. I did notice the left "ankle" area has some "protrusion" on it which might be some swelling, compared to the right foot. Not really sure though. In any case, while I was outside watering my plants this evening , Finn was running around peeing and marking on everything as he usually does :nono: So the little squirt is still acting like himself. I did give him one Rimadyl tab tonight. We're all sleeping on the living room floor this evening too so Finn has no opportunity to jump up/down on the bed.

I'm so thankful for the long weekend upcoming so i can be home w/him as well. [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION], sounds like a good plan for Cami. You give her a big :hug: from us too and I hope she gets to feeling better SOON!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I was looking closely at Finn's hind legs, trying to compare the normal one to the left hind leg/foot which is the one bothering him. I did notice the left "ankle" area has some "protrusion" on it which might be some swelling, compared to the right foot. Not really sure though. In any case, while I was outside watering my plants this evening , Finn was running around peeing and marking on everything as he usually does :nono: So the little squirt is still acting like himself. I did give him one Rimadyl tab tonight. We're all sleeping on the living room floor this evening too so Finn has no opportunity to jump up/down on the bed.

I'm so thankful for the long weekend upcoming so i can be home w/him as well. [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION], sounds like a good plan for Cami. You give her a big :hug: from us too and I hope she gets to feeling better SOON!

The ankles... I call this thickening.... As they get older they may favor sleeping on one side. The ankle always rubs the hard surface of floors. The side they favor seems to get thicker, kinda like a callous. Sometimes it can even loose hair there. You will see this with older bullies as they spend much more of their time sleeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Sometimes Ruckus will limp a little when he wakes up in the morning or when he wakes up from a long nap. He never seems bothered by it and it always goes away. The first few times I saw him do it, however, I played worst case scenario in my head....torn ligament??? bone fracture??? No, just bulldog oddity.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
The ankles... I call this thickening.... As they get older they may favor sleeping on one side. The ankle always rubs the hard surface of floors. The side they favor seems to get thicker, kinda like a callous. Sometimes it can even loose hair there. You will see this with older bullies as they spend much more of their time sleeping.

I had no idear! good info, Lisa. This morning Finn was walking better too so i'm hopeful it was just a transient thing and he'll continue to improve. :up:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

I'm so thankful for the long weekend upcoming so i can be home w/him as well. @Texas Carol, sounds like a good plan for Cami. You give her a big :hug: from us too and I hope she gets to feeling better SOON!

Will do, Henny, thank you! Cami's been very quiet and doesn't want to move around
so has been very quiet & still for two days. Was taking her today but she ate well and
limped slowly & pottyed then seemed a bit better all day so going to wait until Monday
to access Vet visit. Last time she did this, it took a good 3 months for limp to completely
go away, she's 6 y/o now, has lost a bit of weight (hard when they are as inactive as
Cami is), I'm thinking she's about 62 lbs now (down from 68 lbs). I'm so glad Finn is
frisky, give him love from us. Have a happy & blessed 4th~GOD bless you <3

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carol, thinking of Cami and you. It may take awhile then for Cami's limp to go away. It's good she's staying calm and relaxing b/c she needs that. Hope today's 4th of July festivities don't disturb her. Any little "boom" noise here makes Finn jump up and bark like a mad-man and even tho the limp is gone, he still needs to take it easy too. Anyways, sending u our love, [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION]. :icecream::hug2:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am glad to hear that Finn's leg seems to be better. Since Frank is still recovering from his torn ACL, I am always on hyper alert for any limping. I hope that Finn's was just due to sleeping on it/general stiffness. Sometimes they sleep in what looks like the most uncomfortable positions!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks Erin [MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION] ! Finn is back to normal and we even took a little stroll this a.m. Trying to not have him jump on furniture, and Tate too...these guys act like they're acrobats sometimes!

Is Frank's recovery going smoothly? I hope so!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great news Henny! Glad he's all better now !

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Thanks Erin @Biogirl71 ! Finn is back to normal and we even took a little stroll this a.m. Trying to not have him jump on furniture, and Tate too...these guys act like they're acrobats sometimes!

Is Frank's recovery going smoothly? I hope so!

So glad to hear that Finn is completely back to normal! It is so hard to keep them from jumping on the furniture though. Frank's leg is so much better but whenever it gets aggravated again, it is because he snuck away and jumped on a couch or the chair. :sneaky2: Sigh. I even will carry him to keep him from doing to much jumping or stairs, but it is nearly impossible to monitor him constantly since he is so sneaky!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online