cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Just before I left for work this morning I noticed Finn walking funny. Turns out he was not putting weight on his left hind leg. I didn't really have time to examine the leg but i sort of rubbed it gently and he didn't flinch or anything. I tucked him into his crate with his treats and am hoping the rest today will help and it was just a minor pulled muscle. He was fine when he woke up so it's baffling.

I have to bring him in on Sat for his bordatella shot so if he's still limping then, would it be okay to wait til then to get the leg looked at? I work all week except Friday but the vet's office will be closed of course for the holiday. Just wondering if i should bring him in sooner.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just before I left for work this morning I noticed Finn walking funny. Turns out he was not putting weight on his left hind leg. I didn't really have time to examine the leg but i sort of rubbed it gently and he didn't flinch or anything. I tucked him into his crate with his treats and am hoping the rest today will help and it was just a minor pulled muscle. He was fine when he woke up so it's baffling.

I have to bring him in on Sat for his bordatella shot so if he's still limping then, would it be okay to wait til then to get the leg looked at? I work all week except Friday but the vet's office will be closed of course for the holiday. Just wondering if i should bring him in sooner.

This same thing happened to another bully at a park once and I carried him back to him's mommy's car if I remember correctly. His mom took him in to see the doc and the doc said it was nothing. I bet that he will be fine when you get home. :yes:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He might have slept on it funny too, hopefully he will be okay when you get home, only time will tell if you need a vet visit sooner or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
I would say don't worry but who is kidding who, we always worry over our babies. A day or two will not make that much of a difference if he is in pain that is another matter.
Hope all is well glad to see another caring responsible owner covering the basics

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION], I vaguely remember a very strong someone carrying my 70 lbs of love, Tatey-bug, and getting his strength workout for the day!! :buff:

I sure hope Finn is back to normal by the time I get home. I hate worrying about him while i'm at work.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Bifi just had a limping spell about a week or two ago after playing. It was gone the next day. So I wouldn't worry yet much about it unless he has been limping for more than a couple of days.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for the reassurance. I have been Googling "dog limping" and "not putting weight on hind leg" and now i'm thinking what if he has a fracture?! I couldn't assess his pain this a.m. b/c i was just leaving but he didn't whimper. I'm a total worry wart and just want to rush home to check in on him.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I think he probably just pulled something and will be fine when you get home or by tomorrow at least. You can always give him an aspirin if he is showing discomfort. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you see significant swelling or something really abnormal. I do the same thing as you, I google until I am in a complete frenzy usually something that amounts to nothing. :pray2:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

How weird, Henny, same exact thing is going on with Cami today.
Went from fine to as you say, not wanting to walk on rear leg but
seemingly in no pain. Oh...the worry...Sigh...these bullies...!
I'm going to observe overnight then decide tomorrow, I gave Cami
aspirin & 2 Benadryl for possible inflammation & keep her off her feet
(sleeping). I think he can wait till Sat unless it swells or he shows pain.
Let us know as will I...love y'all!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

that is weird, Carol! Well, hopefully Cami will heal from this soon too. Yeah, these kiddos of ours sure know how to keep us on our toes, don't they?

When i get home and if Finn's still hobbling along I may give him some rimadyl i still have from his tail surgery in Jan.

Let's keep our fingers and eyes crossed that both our babies will be just fine asap!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wally did the same thing, if you remember Henny… he was limping for weeks, and the vet said NOT to worry. It finally went away, and of course that's when we went thru that puppy strangles fiasco. It never ENDS!!! Hopefully Finn will be fine, just needs to rest… keep us posted!!!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION], I know, it does seem like sometimes it just never ends. I do remember now that Wally went thru this. I'm hopeful this will all resolve on its own as well.

Both Finn and Tate are always jumping up/down furniture. I've been allowing this to happen but now i'm realizing it's not the best thing for our bulldogs' joints. This will be a tough one to remedy however b/c both crazies do this all night as we play "chase" so i'm going to have to think up some other way to entertain them w/no jumping.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

that is weird, Carol! Well, hopefully Cami will heal from this soon too. Yeah, these kiddos of ours sure know how to keep us on our toes, don't they?

When i get home and if Finn's still hobbling along I may give him some rimadyl i still have from his tail surgery in Jan.

Let's keep our fingers and eyes crossed that both our babies will be just fine asap!

unless it gets worse when you go home.... rest should be fine till Saturday

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] hows Finn doing?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.