Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 31

Thread: Finn's hind leg

  1. #13
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,160
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11486

    Default Re: Finn's hind leg

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post

    How weird, Henny, same exact thing is going on with Cami today.
    Went from fine to as you say, not wanting to walk on rear leg but
    seemingly in no pain. Oh...the worry...Sigh...these bullies...!
    I'm going to observe overnight then decide tomorrow, I gave Cami
    aspirin & 2 Benadryl for possible inflammation & keep her off her feet
    (sleeping). I think he can wait till Sat unless it swells or he shows pain.
    Let us know as will I...love y'all!
    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    that is weird, Carol! Well, hopefully Cami will heal from this soon too. Yeah, these kiddos of ours sure know how to keep us on our toes, don't they?

    When i get home and if Finn's still hobbling along I may give him some rimadyl i still have from his tail surgery in Jan.

    Let's keep our fingers and eyes crossed that both our babies will be just fine asap!

    unless it gets worse when you go home.... rest should be fine till Saturday
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  2. #14
    MaggieluvsBuster
    Guest

    Default Re: Finn's hind leg

    BUSTER sends his Love to his friend Finn!

  3. #15
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Finn's hind leg

    @cali baker hows Finn doing?

  4. #16
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Location
    The Crown City (Pasadena)
    Posts
    9,013
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    1479
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: Finn's hind leg

    Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    @cali baker hows Finn doing?
    It seems just slightly better than this a.m.; he's putting more weight on the leg most of the time but sometimes, like when he walks down the steps to the backyard, he will not put wt. on it. I'm just about now going to look closer at his leg and foot. He's been acting fine otherwise, like eating really well, but just not as active right now. Maybe another full day of rest will do the trick. Thank you for asking, Phil




  5. #17
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Finn's hind leg

    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    It seems just slightly better than this a.m.; he's putting more weight on the leg most of the time but sometimes, like when he walks down the steps to the backyard, he will not put wt. on it. I'm just about now going to look closer at his leg and foot. He's been acting fine otherwise, like eating really well, but just not as active right now. Maybe another full day of rest will do the trick. Thank you for asking, Phil
    It will be fine, I honestly think Lisa is right he slept on it wrong. My thoughts are with the lil Paddington Bear this evening.

  6. #18
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,725
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5567

    Default Re: Finn's hind leg

    Glad to see that Finn seems better, I would give it time Henny. You know Winston was always jumping on the furniture... I'm going to try & keep Wally from jumping, but we shall see... Lol


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  7. #19
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Texas Carol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    7,198
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)
    2732

    Default Re: Finn's hind leg

    Checking in on Finn and reporting Cami is the same. I've kept her knocked
    out w/Benadryl and will continue thru the wkend, also on low dose aspirin.
    The only thing I know that happened is yesterday, getting the mail on front
    porch, Cami came behind me and jumped on couch. She jumped off before
    I could help her off. She showed no signs of problems until couple hours later.
    Praying it just sprained it.
    ​Give Finn love from us!


    My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

  8. #20
    Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Ftse 100's Avatar
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Location
    Qld Australia
    Posts
    6,774
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1960

    Default Re: Finn's hind leg

    Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    This same thing happened to another bully at a park once and I carried him back to him's mommy's car if I remember correctly. His mom took him in to see the doc and the doc said it was nothing. I bet that he will be fine when you get home.
    Yes I recall this and we all worried and Finn was just fine @cali baker

  9. #21
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Location
    The Crown City (Pasadena)
    Posts
    9,013
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    1479
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: Finn's hind leg

    I was looking closely at Finn's hind legs, trying to compare the normal one to the left hind leg/foot which is the one bothering him. I did notice the left "ankle" area has some "protrusion" on it which might be some swelling, compared to the right foot. Not really sure though. In any case, while I was outside watering my plants this evening , Finn was running around peeing and marking on everything as he usually does So the little squirt is still acting like himself. I did give him one Rimadyl tab tonight. We're all sleeping on the living room floor this evening too so Finn has no opportunity to jump up/down on the bed.

    I'm so thankful for the long weekend upcoming so i can be home w/him as well. @Texas Carol, sounds like a good plan for Cami. You give her a big from us too and I hope she gets to feeling better SOON!




  10. #22
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Finn's hind leg

    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    I was looking closely at Finn's hind legs, trying to compare the normal one to the left hind leg/foot which is the one bothering him. I did notice the left "ankle" area has some "protrusion" on it which might be some swelling, compared to the right foot. Not really sure though. In any case, while I was outside watering my plants this evening , Finn was running around peeing and marking on everything as he usually does So the little squirt is still acting like himself. I did give him one Rimadyl tab tonight. We're all sleeping on the living room floor this evening too so Finn has no opportunity to jump up/down on the bed.

    I'm so thankful for the long weekend upcoming so i can be home w/him as well. @Texas Carol, sounds like a good plan for Cami. You give her a big from us too and I hope she gets to feeling better SOON!
    The ankles... I call this thickening.... As they get older they may favor sleeping on one side. The ankle always rubs the hard surface of floors. The side they favor seems to get thicker, kinda like a callous. Sometimes it can even loose hair there. You will see this with older bullies as they spend much more of their time sleeping.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  11. #23
    Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,302
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)
    1041

    Default Re: Finn's hind leg

    Sometimes Ruckus will limp a little when he wakes up in the morning or when he wakes up from a long nap. He never seems bothered by it and it always goes away. The first few times I saw him do it, however, I played worst case scenario in my head....torn ligament??? bone fracture??? No, just bulldog oddity.

  12. #24
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Location
    The Crown City (Pasadena)
    Posts
    9,013
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    1479
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: Finn's hind leg

    Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    The ankles... I call this thickening.... As they get older they may favor sleeping on one side. The ankle always rubs the hard surface of floors. The side they favor seems to get thicker, kinda like a callous. Sometimes it can even loose hair there. You will see this with older bullies as they spend much more of their time sleeping.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had no idear! good info, Lisa. This morning Finn was walking better too so i'm hopeful it was just a transient thing and he'll continue to improve.




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •