General Question Rough Paws

princebronco

Jun 29, 2014
San Diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bronco
My bulldog's paws are pretty rough. Granted, he walks on cement alot but I am worried about them being too dry, splitting, or bothering him down the road. Anything to help with moisturizing paws?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Musher's secret... you can get it on Amazon... great for the nose too

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Nate, Vaseline works great as well for both dry paws and noses. Just use either the balm or Vaseline until the dryness heals, not all the time, as its better for the paw to be a little rough, rather than too soft, as this can make the paws sore and more susceptible to cuts.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
was reading that coconut oil works well on the nose and paws as well, hope you find what helps and let us know what you try and how it works, please - good luck

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ok I have ordered some mushers secret on amazon...will see how this works for his paws

I love this stuff and it actually helps my hand in the winter... I just rub the extra on my hands after applying to Banks' paws

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.