Recommended age to start joint supplements

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Has anyone ever used NuJoint Plus?

I have used NuJoint Plus for over a year now, Vegas use to have this "popping noise" in his left hip, he no longer has that sound. Plus NuJoint is a pleasure to do business with.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have used NuJoint Plus for over a year now, Vegas use to have this "popping noise" in his left hip, he no longer has that sound. Plus NuJoint is a pleasure to do business with.

Getting both this afternoon, thank you Kelly :heartsign:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Getting both this afternoon, thank you Kelly :heartsign:

And Vegas loves them, he thinks it is a treat, they come in a wafer like pill, about the size of a quarter, flat, and he just takes them from me and chews them right up.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Would you give Nuvet Plus with Nuvet Joint? the Joint formulation lacks many of the ingreds that the Plus has.

Yes I give Roxie both Henny!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I agree... NuVet is amazing, the people are super nice. They sent me a heartfelt card when Winston died.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
I started both of mine on glucosamine & condroitin when they were 4yrs old. My first bully would limp at times so that's why I started using it. She hasn't limped since and she's 11! My youngest bully is very active loves to jump and catch balls so I started her at 4yrs just as a precaution. I'm not sure about how young you can start them on it though.

I use people kind. It's much cheaper and you get a lot more for your $. Just check the dosing and added ingredients if youdecide to try the people kind.

Hello @Kevikell, I am curious and very much prefer to give the human brand to my bully. May I ask what brand do you use? And how much are you giving them? I've read that Jamieson brand mentioned about giving to dogs but didn't mention how many.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Hello @Kevikell, I am curious and very much prefer to give the human brand to my bully. May I ask what brand do you use? And how much are you giving them? I've read that Jamieson brand mentioned about giving to dogs but didn't mention how many.
[MENTION=9255]Susie[/MENTION] I use the Kroger grocery store brand but they have several different strengths. I always buy the one that has 500mg Glucosamine and 400mg Condroitin per tablet. They compare it to the name brand Osteo-Biflex. I give them 1 tablet per day. I can't seem to upload pics on my IPAD for some reason. I'll try to upload the label from my computer in a little while. I've shown my vet and he said it was fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 47
OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Dasuquin is supposed to be the best joint supplement out there, according to the vet. He also said it was OK to give to pups. My dogs have been taking it since they were 5 months old. Check out the reviews on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Nutramax-Dasu...160&sr=8-1&keywords=dasquin+joint+supplements

This contains soy and dextrose, as well as other ingredients besides glucosamine and msm, and I cannot find where they get their ingredients- nothing about sourced from USA....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
This contains soy and dextrose, as well as other ingredients besides glucosamine and msm, and I cannot find where they get their ingredients- nothing about sourced from USA....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This product is sold at veterinary offices and has over 700 five star reviews. Im not a rep for the company, I'm just putting it out there as an alternative. Personally, I do not believe that anything made for the pet market has any higher quality ingredients than the stuff made for humans. Human glucosamine supplements are just as good for dogs and cost less. If you want to make sure you are getting top quality ingredients, give your dogs human glucosamine + MSM supplements. Don't take it from me, you can research it on the internet or ask your vet

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This product is sold at veterinary offices and has over 700 five star reviews. Im not a rep for the company, I'm just putting it out there as an alternative. Personally, I do not believe that anything made for the pet market has any higher quality ingredients than the stuff made for humans. Human glucosamine supplements are just as good for dogs and cost less. If you want to make sure you are getting top quality ingredients, give your dogs human glucosamine + MSM supplements. Don't take it from me, you can research it on the internet or ask your vet

I am sure it is sold at many or most vet's offices, which is one of the reasons I wanted to look up the ingredients compared to the NuJoint supplement. Vets will sell whatever to make a buck-- the main website for this product has a "Veterinarian Login" portal - obviously a big cash cow for vet offices. NuJoint only has the 5 main ingredients, no additives or sugar, and why do most of these supplements contain soy- that I don't understand- because that is one of the main ingredients to stay away from in dog food. I am not trying to upset you.... promise.... just looking into the product you shared is all, that is what I do whenever anyone brings up any product, whether it is food, shampoo, treats....I am always curious about ingredients, so I wanted to point those out to you- not to upset you, but to share that information with you.

This is the ingredients in NuJoint Plus:

250 mg Glucosamine Sulfate
125 mg Chondroitin Sulfate
125 mg MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)
50 mg Vitamin C (Ester-C®)
Flavored with Real Chicken Liver

No other ingredients or additives.

I do notice that there is less mg per tablet though.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.