USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Recommended age to start joint supplements

Quote Originally Posted by agentbunny View Post
    Dasuquin is supposed to be the best joint supplement out there, according to the vet. He also said it was OK to give to pups. My dogs have been taking it since they were 5 months old. Check out the reviews on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Nutramax-Dasuq...nt+supplements
    This contains soy and dextrose, as well as other ingredients besides glucosamine and msm, and I cannot find where they get their ingredients- nothing about sourced from USA....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leo & Lola
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Recommended age to start joint supplements

Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    This contains soy and dextrose, as well as other ingredients besides glucosamine and msm, and I cannot find where they get their ingredients- nothing about sourced from USA....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This product is sold at veterinary offices and has over 700 five star reviews. Im not a rep for the company, I'm just putting it out there as an alternative. Personally, I do not believe that anything made for the pet market has any higher quality ingredients than the stuff made for humans. Human glucosamine supplements are just as good for dogs and cost less. If you want to make sure you are getting top quality ingredients, give your dogs human glucosamine + MSM supplements. Don't take it from me, you can research it on the internet or ask your vet

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Recommended age to start joint supplements

Quote Originally Posted by agentbunny View Post
    This product is sold at veterinary offices and has over 700 five star reviews. Im not a rep for the company, I'm just putting it out there as an alternative. Personally, I do not believe that anything made for the pet market has any higher quality ingredients than the stuff made for humans. Human glucosamine supplements are just as good for dogs and cost less. If you want to make sure you are getting top quality ingredients, give your dogs human glucosamine + MSM supplements. Don't take it from me, you can research it on the internet or ask your vet
    I am sure it is sold at many or most vet's offices, which is one of the reasons I wanted to look up the ingredients compared to the NuJoint supplement. Vets will sell whatever to make a buck-- the main website for this product has a "Veterinarian Login" portal - obviously a big cash cow for vet offices. NuJoint only has the 5 main ingredients, no additives or sugar, and why do most of these supplements contain soy- that I don't understand- because that is one of the main ingredients to stay away from in dog food. I am not trying to upset you.... promise.... just looking into the product you shared is all, that is what I do whenever anyone brings up any product, whether it is food, shampoo, treats....I am always curious about ingredients, so I wanted to point those out to you- not to upset you, but to share that information with you.

This is the ingredients in NuJoint Plus:

250 mg Glucosamine Sulfate
    125 mg Chondroitin Sulfate
    125 mg MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)
    50 mg Vitamin C (Ester-C)
    Flavored with Real Chicken Liver

No other ingredients or additives.

I do notice that there is less mg per tablet though.
    Last edited by bullmama; 07-04-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads