General Question English Bulldogs and Heat

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
A bulldog can not handle the heat at all. A dog I loved tremendously died of heat stroke on a day that never got over 75 degrees. It's amazing how fast they can go. Please, please, please do not keep your bulldogs outside in any type if heat. It's so much easier to confine them inside and clean up any accident than to have to deal with the quilt that your baby died because he/she was outside

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
A bulldog can not handle the heat at all. A dog I loved tremendously died of heat stroke on a day that never got over 75 degrees. It's amazing how fast they can go. Please, please, please do not keep your bulldogs outside in any type if heat. It's so much easier to confine them inside and clean up any accident than to have to deal with the quilt that your baby died because he/she was outside

Well said!

KarriK

Jul 27, 2014
League city, texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona
My 17 week old puppy keeps wanting to go out and lay in the sun. Besides the heat factor, I also worry about sunburn since she is primarily white. I'm not worried about accidents, as she is pretty good about going on the pads when she is inside. It's keeping her inside that is the problem! I allow her 5-10 minutes and then I haul her little behind back in. My Woolley husky is the same way! It's 95 and humid (live in Houston/Galveston area near the coast).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My 17 week old puppy keeps wanting to go out and lay in the sun. Besides the heat factor, I also worry about sunburn since she is primarily white. I'm not worried about accidents, as she is pretty good about going on the pads when she is inside. It's keeping her inside that is the problem! I allow her 5-10 minutes and then I haul her little behind back in. My Woolley husky is the same way! It's 95 and humid (live in Houston/Galveston area near the coast).

Gotta do the same with Banks... 10-15 mins and pull her back in the AC

Most Reactions