Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: English Bulldogs and Heat

Default Re: English Bulldogs and Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Pati Robins View Post
    you are welcome x if i may add if you are planning to breed make sure you do all breed relevant health tests to make sure both dogs are healthy and will not pass anything to the offspring , make sure both are kc registered , within a standard and compatible , and will compliment each other (and by that i dont mean how pretty they look )
    Also read up on the breed go to local shows speak to breeds to get advice , as i really don't recommend breeding 2 dogs that you don't know nothing about or that are not health tested
    please keep us updated on how are you doing
    Uh, too late for that, lol... my "grandkids" are already 5 weeks old now. Luckily they came out very beautiful!

This is when they were 1st born

We don't keep moose out side for extend periods above 85 in south Texas. Period. One day we came home and he was about over heated. Scariest thing ever. Threw him in a cool bath with some ice for him to cool down. I would suggest crate training or finding a sitter/friend to come let the dog out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Amanda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordo Fatsky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by itsalauren View Post
    We don't keep moose out side for extend periods above 85 in south Texas. Period. One day we came home and he was about over heated. Scariest thing ever. Threw him in a cool bath with some ice for him to cool down. I would suggest crate training or finding a sitter/friend to come let the dog out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a good suggestion. It is definitely hot here in Texas. Yesterday this couple brought their poor bully puppy to the 4th of July event he was panting so hard. I was worried he was going to overheat.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

A bulldog can not handle the heat at all. A dog I loved tremendously died of heat stroke on a day that never got over 75 degrees. It's amazing how fast they can go. Please, please, please do not keep your bulldogs outside in any type if heat. It's so much easier to confine them inside and clean up any accident than to have to deal with the quilt that your baby died because he/she was outside
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldozersma View Post
    A bulldog can not handle the heat at all. A dog I loved tremendously died of heat stroke on a day that never got over 75 degrees. It's amazing how fast they can go. Please, please, please do not keep your bulldogs outside in any type if heat. It's so much easier to confine them inside and clean up any accident than to have to deal with the quilt that your baby died because he/she was outside
    Well said!

Real Name
    Karri Seeds
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fiona
    Likes (Received)

My 17 week old puppy keeps wanting to go out and lay in the sun. Besides the heat factor, I also worry about sunburn since she is primarily white. I'm not worried about accidents, as she is pretty good about going on the pads when she is inside. It's keeping her inside that is the problem! I allow her 5-10 minutes and then I haul her little behind back in. My Woolley husky is the same way! It's 95 and humid (live in Houston/Galveston area near the coast).

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KarriK View Post
    My 17 week old puppy keeps wanting to go out and lay in the sun. Besides the heat factor, I also worry about sunburn since she is primarily white. I'm not worried about accidents, as she is pretty good about going on the pads when she is inside. It's keeping her inside that is the problem! I allow her 5-10 minutes and then I haul her little behind back in. My Woolley husky is the same way! It's 95 and humid (live in Houston/Galveston area near the coast).
    Gotta do the same with Banks... 10-15 mins and pull her back in the AC
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

My vet was extremely adamant about the heat and our Jewel and Bentley. Please see forum reminder on heat at http://www.englishbulldognews.com/co...-bulldogs-heat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads