glucosamine chondroitin options

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Anyone use glucosamine chondroitin for their bulldogs? tipsy won't touch the tablets and won't eat the soft chews either. I heard of injections too. I tried grinding it in her food but not sure she's getting the full dose. Any help would be appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I use the NuJoint tabs for my boxer Roxie… in fact I just went to the vet yesterday because she's in pain. We are starting her on Adequan injections, she has a bone spur in her neck and her left hip is bothering her. She's 10 years old, so it's time.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
I use the people version for my bully's. They've taken it for years and will eat the tablet right out of my hand!!! I've never given the doggy version b/c it costs more and you get less. I know people who grind the tablets up and sprinkle it onto the food. You just have to be careful b/c you can cause your dog to be suspicious of food by adding medicines/supplements to it. Luckily I've never had that issue but it sounds like you have a finicky eater.

I've also read that fish oil has a positive effect on the joints. I guess you could do that if you can't find any options that work for you. Personally I do both fish oil & glucosamine/condroitin

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.