Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: glucosamine chondroitin options

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default glucosamine chondroitin options

Anyone use glucosamine chondroitin for their bulldogs? tipsy won't touch the tablets and won't eat the soft chews either. I heard of injections too. I tried grinding it in her food but not sure she's getting the full dose. Any help would be appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: glucosamine chondroitin options

I use the NuJoint tabs for my boxer Roxie… in fact I just went to the vet yesterday because she's in pain. We are starting her on Adequan injections, she has a bone spur in her neck and her left hip is bothering her. She's 10 years old, so it's time.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: glucosamine chondroitin options

I use the people version for my bully's. They've taken it for years and will eat the tablet right out of my hand!!! I've never given the doggy version b/c it costs more and you get less. I know people who grind the tablets up and sprinkle it onto the food. You just have to be careful b/c you can cause your dog to be suspicious of food by adding medicines/supplements to it. Luckily I've never had that issue but it sounds like you have a finicky eater.

I've also read that fish oil has a positive effect on the joints. I guess you could do that if you can't find any options that work for you. Personally I do both fish oil & glucosamine/condroitin
    Happiness is looking at your dogs face...and forgetting all your problems

Remove Ads