Help Needed! Help! Yeast infection facial fold

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
This is the first time Izzy has an yeast infection because she does not has lots of wrinkles. I am having a hard time dealing with it. I just cleaned the area with witch hazel, dried and applied corn startch with a qtip and it looked clean. Five minutes later I look and the area underneath her eyes is wet again. I think she is tearing a lot and keep the area moist. I don't want to keep on rubbing it cuz it's very irritated. What should I do???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 148

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:facepalm: I am totally drawing a blank.... CRAP! :shout: gonna tag a few members, but i think it is desetin that will help

it is only the one side?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She needs antibiotics, and Duoxo pads, would get her to the vet when you can. Buster breaks out like this every Spring.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This happens to Tate often; is the tearing a new thing for Izzy? if you can get to the bottom of that then that will of course help alleviate the yeast infection b/c yeast love moisture. Some people have had success with Duoxo pads which is basically a chlorhexidine formulation. Lately, i have been diluting chlorhexidine in water and wiping Tate's folds with this. It's only been a day that i've been diligent with it so i'll see how it goes. If Izzy has allergies and that's causing the tearing then perhaps an antihistamine will help her too.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes! Henny is right, Benadryl would help ALOT.

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
It's only in one side... so weird. I cleaned again because after 5 minutes it was raw again, wet and with pus. This is the first time it happens with Izzy. She has no allergy, that I know of. The only thing different I gave her few pieces of chicken and some tuna the other day. But that was it. She eats fromm beef fritata since she was 8 months old. I'm going to monitor and if it's not better by the morning I'm going to take her to the vet.I did apply a little of the KBT (?!sp) that ointment that her veg gives for her tail pocket and has antibiotics. Let's hope this will help. :(

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
[MENTION=2920]Jungerland[/MENTION] - it doesn't look like the normal yeast infection. It's not brown at all... it's greenish pus and a bit red from blood. she probably scratched her eyes during the day.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.