Bully with the poops!

tiffanipaige

Jun 29, 2014
Monroe, Michigan, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nikko and Roxy
My dog Nikko has the poops pretty bad and it's too late to take him to the vet right now :unsure:,
so I made him some brown (didn't have white) rice and some chicken.
I'm not sure how much to give him, though? If he doesn't eat it can I put gravy in it or something?
And if he's not better by tomorrow or so, should I take him to the vet?

*edit*

It will probably help to mention he's had the poops for a few days, but I wasn't home all weekend and
his last few times out I've had to wipe his butt and I've noticed some blood. :'(
Would the chicken & rice really help?
I don't even really have the money to go to the vet but I'm sure if I absolutely
need to take him to the vet, I'll find the money to do it tomorrow or the next day, but
I'm not sure how much longer I want to make him wait. I feel so bad for him right now!!!

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds like it could be giardia.... need a fectal sample taken to the vet and be sure to ask for the giardia test be down with the other that they normally do..... if he does have it, he will need two meds to get rid of it

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Still try the rice and chicken, since you were not home all weekend any chance he ate thinngs he shouldn't have.?

Is it just runny poo or explosive?

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Awww, your poor baby. A spoonful of canned pumpkin several times during the day can help if it's just soft/runny poo. You can give immodium too which should help if it's just tummy upset. Stay away from the gravy though. That would probably make things worse.

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Get some Vibactra Plus if it is Giardia or any other type of parasite....it will clear it up. Canned pumpkin should help with the runs.

OP
T

tiffanipaige

Jun 29, 2014
Monroe, Michigan, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nikko and Roxy
Still try the rice and chicken, since you were not home all weekend any chance he ate thinngs he shouldn't have.?

Is it just runny poo or explosive?

Last I saw, it was runny.

My dad was here with him all weekend and he can't reach the trash or anything. It could be a bug or it could be from switching foods.
I gave him some chicken and rice last night a little after midnight and some just a little bit ago and he hasn't went yet.
Either way, I'm taking him to the vet today or tomorrow. I might keep him on the chicken and rice today and see how that works but if
he's worse today, he's going.

And thank you everyone for your help :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.