First time having a dog in heat.

allaboutbulldogs

Mar 25, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
daisy
My girl,who was from a breeder(used to have puppies) is 7 years old and having a heat cycle.
I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH DOGS IN HEAT!

It has been over a week and very little blood.I had bought diapers but for this scant amount she doesn't need them.

Is this normal.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If you are sure she is in heat........Heat cycles vary in female dogs. Some will not have heavy cycles-just as woman have different cycles. The first week is lighter, and as it progresses, it may become more bloody. She also will become swollen there-which is normal. Her cycle will last at least three weeks-but keep her away from any males for at least four weeks! Hope this helps. [MENTION=11481]allaboutbulldogs[/MENTION]

OP
A

allaboutbulldogs

Mar 25, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
daisy
Thanks she is swollen in that area.
Occassional blood drop on floor,that is it.

I have a 13 year old male mini poodle,(fixed) He getting annoyed with her, because she keep sticking her Butt in his nose. I expected him to react to this event/odd!

She has peed in the house several times,since this occurred! Is this normal.

Wasn't going to get her spayed but the more I read about Pyometria,I have to decided to spay her.

Thanks

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I, too had a toy poodle male, who was fixed. When I had females who were in heat, they would aggravate the poor little guy until he couldn't stand it! An occasional pee "accident" is not unusual. Having her spayed is a good decision-but best to wait at least a month after her heat cycle is over. [MENTION=11481]allaboutbulldogs[/MENTION]

OP
A

allaboutbulldogs

Mar 25, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
daisy
Thank.

I thought French Men were supposed to be Loves/Funny1

OP
A

allaboutbulldogs

Mar 25, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
daisy
I really expected her to need diapers but hardly anything, maybe because se almost 7 years old? just about thru!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.