Senior Bulldog

Lkane0322

Nov 27, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Hi everyone. It has been a while since I have been on and hope all the bulldogs are doing great :) Now I need some advice!! My Bailey is 11 years old and showing all the signs of it! His eyes are bad from dry eye but I treat them the best I can. He is lazy but always has been. He still has a great appetite and gets around okay considering his bad arthritis. Bailey has been on Meloxicam and Tramadol. I have tried injections but didn't see a huge improvement although thinking of trying it again. Lately he has been throwing up and having diarrhea for a few days and then he is fine for weeks. I am not sure of its the medicine because his blood work is fine. I can't put him through to much testing at the vet because his panting gets bad and I know he is just growing old. Any advice for arthritis and my old man?????? Thank you!!! Lisa

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi Lisa... welcome back!

My girl (almost 9 yrs old) has bad arthitis in her spine and we use Deramaxx (half tablet) and Gabapetin (one capsule) along with laser theraphy .... laser is great, but you have to go to the vet every month for it to be done (it is like a deep tissue massage)

OP
Lkane0322

Lkane0322

Nov 27, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Thank you. I wanted to do that but his breathing gets bad when he is there so the Vet and I agreed it may not benefit him as much. Does she have any side effects from the medicine?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you. I wanted to do that but his breathing gets bad when he is there so the Vet and I agreed it may not benefit him as much. Does she have any side effects from the medicine?

No side effects at all... Since she sleeps all day while we are at work i give the meds at4:30 pm before dinner ---this way they are in her when she is most active

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
When my Bulldozer got up over 10, I actually found a book (I am so sorry I can't remember the name but I am sure there are more ) about doing canine massage. It helped him tremendously. If he gets too nervous at the vet, maybe you could learn to help or maybe you could get someone to make house calls to keep him calmer?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.