Help Needed! Prayers.....LOTS of prayers

mdwilson1117

Jun 7, 2014
S.W. Missouri
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Boozer, Captain, Sarge, JenNay
Update: Captain has managed to raise enough money to have his heart worm treatment procedure done sooner than anticipated. I have to have him at the vet at 8:30 in the morning. He will be with them until sometime between Saturday evening and Monday. I am a nervous wreck and I know my baby is going to be scared to death with me leaving him in an unfamiliar place for so long. Please pray the procedure isn't as hard on him as what the possibilities could be. :pray:

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Prayers and love coming your way!!!! Captain will be strong and I'm sure they will take care of him. I hope the treatment goes smoothly and he is back home so quickly he forgets the whole thing :pray:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:pray: I will be praying that everything works out GREAT for Captain. I'm sure he will be in good hands with folks who will take the very best care of him.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Everything is running smoothly so far and wouldn't expect a change but we will say a prayer and cross our fingers and paws

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Prayers and positive healing thought coming your way....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Many prayers and positive thoughts are heading your way! Please keep us posted as your hear from the vet :pray: :hug:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sending lots of prayers your way… keep us posted!!! :angelheart:

OP
mdwilson1117

mdwilson1117

Jun 7, 2014
S.W. Missouri
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks so much for the prayers. I just dropped my boy off at the vet. It ranked right up there with the stress I felt when I would watch the doctors take my skin kids back for surgery. I hated every minute of it. The minute he got out of my sight he started crying and barking. It was awful. The vet has already called me to let me know he is adjusting well and they are getting ready to run some labs to see where his levels are as compared to the results of his previous test. After that they will shave him and get him started on treatment. This is going to be the longest few days....I can't wait until he gets home.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Thanks so much for the prayers. I just dropped my boy off at the vet. It ranked right up there with the stress I felt when I would watch the doctors take my skin kids back for surgery. I hated every minute of it. The minute he got out of my sight he started crying and barking. It was awful. The vet has already called me to let me know he is adjusting well and they are getting ready to run some labs to see where his levels are as compared to the results of his previous test. After that they will shave him and get him started on treatment. This is going to be the longest few days....I can't wait until he gets home.

Uggghhhh - I've watched Bocephus go through those doors at the end of the hall for treatment too many times too!!! It just sucks. I take great comfort in the fact that they have no sense of time so he will be absolutely thrilled to see you as soon as he gets to go home!!! Keep reminding yourself it's for the best and he will be OK

OP
mdwilson1117

mdwilson1117

Jun 7, 2014
S.W. Missouri
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
UPDATE: I just received a call from the vet. Captain is still doing ok. He isn't throwing up any more and is starting to eat and drink some. He's been out to potty twice, which is good. She also said he is cuddling his blanket a lot and definitely isn't the playful baby he was when I took him in this morning. So, he is feeling the effects of the treatment pretty good. She is going to call me as soon as she gets in the office in the morning to let me know how he is. I will be going to visit him as soon as she gives me the go ahead also. I know the poor angel has to be scared to death and not understanding why I left him with strangers who gave him something to make him feel icky. I would give anything to be able to be there with him throughout the whole thing so he would know I didn't abandon him like his previous humans...I've already told my husband I will be going to PetSmart and he will be getting a new toy....or five, just as soon as he is healthy enough to be able to play with them. Until then, I will hit the butcher up for a few extra goodies when I go in so I can spoil him now as well.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Sending Prayers to Your Baby. I bet Captain will be so glad to see you. You are doing the best thing for him, getting rid of those heartworms. Love and Hugs to Captain.
sign0168.gif
:hug:

AmandaH12

Jun 16, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mac
Prayers going up too you and captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts