OP
X

xBandit

Jun 14, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Thanks all for the info and help. Petey is still bleeding from his butt but it's not dripping out only when he sits down which to me looks like fresh blood. He is no longer scooting across floor . We been applying preparation h to his butt to try to relieve it some. I called the vet which checked him out Monday but gotta call back everyone is busy to talk to was gonna see what they suggested me to do. But he is continuing drinking and eating just fine.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Could possibly be a hemorrhoid which may be what you see when he has a bowel movement. Stress can also cause bloody poo but it should subside within a couple of days. I'd definitely get him back in if it gets worse or doesn't resolve in a day or 2.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks all for the info and help. Petey is still bleeding from his butt but it's not dripping out only when he sits down which to me looks like fresh blood. He is no longer scooting across floor . We been applying preparation h to his butt to try to relieve it some. I called the vet which checked him out Monday but gotta call back everyone is busy to talk to was gonna see what they suggested me to do. But he is continuing drinking and eating just fine.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Keep up the Prep H and let us know how the call goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Our boy Abbott had a prolapsed anus around 10 weeks that looked just like this.He had diarrhea from parasites from his mom that the breeder hadn't treated properly.Our vet put it back in with a little sugar and saline mixture.Sugar draws out the inflammation I think but it worked and he's great now at a year and a half.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Our boy Abbott had a prolapsed anus around 10 weeks that looked just like this.He had diarrhea from parasites from his mom that the breeder hadn't treated properly.Our vet put it back in with a little sugar and saline mixture.Sugar draws out the inflammation I think but it worked and he's great now at a year and a half.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

:up:

loalsa

Jun 24, 2014
Could it be a worm sack? Has he been regularly treated for this. Sometimes if the sack is large enough it can take a couple of sting treatments one after the other via a vet to help. The sack if big enough can bleed and protrudes m&s then go back inside. I had this with a previous dog we had. Hope all is ok

OP
X

xBandit

Jun 14, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Update. He is doing better. Talked to vet that saw him and she said she had exhausted all efforts she knew to look at for his butt. She said if it don't get better to bring him in Monday for a second opinion when the head vet gets there. He is still bleeding but not nearly as much. Before it would take 5-6 paper towels I would put pressure on his butt to get dry up the blood now it's only taking 2. He is sometimes scooting his butt but I think his stitches from getting neutered is bothering him. The little red thing I showed in the picture hasn't came back. So I think the prep h and new grain free food is helping. We have been putting pumpkin in his food and he is no longer straining to poop. But if it's not better or cleared up by the weekend I will take him to a new vet.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update. He is doing better. Talked to vet that saw him and she said she had exhausted all efforts she knew to look at for his butt. She said if it don't get better to bring him in Monday for a second opinion when the head vet gets there. He is still bleeding but not nearly as much. Before it would take 5-6 paper towels I would put pressure on his butt to get dry up the blood now it's only taking 2. He is sometimes scooting his butt but I think his stitches from getting neutered is bothering him. The little red thing I showed in the picture hasn't came back. So I think the prep h and new grain free food is helping. We have been putting pumpkin in his food and he is no longer straining to poop. But if it's not better or cleared up by the weekend I will take him to a new vet.

that is a great update.... seems it might just be all stress related and I pray he is all good real quick. keep us posted

OP
X

xBandit

Jun 14, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
that is a great update.... seems it might just be all stress related and I pray he is all good real quick. keep us posted
Thank you for the support. We have a nice 24/7 vet near me so if over the weekend if it is not better or cleared up I will be taking him. Doesn't ever hurt getting another look. He has been to two different vets for the issue and no one could find the problem so I'm hoping the steps we are taking is gonna help him

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Poor baby, I hope it nothing serious . Praying for a speedy recovery .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
X

xBandit

Jun 14, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Another update. He has gotten better then past couple days it got worse took him to vet and vet says he has a pollup that needs to be removed and they didn't think it was cancerous but will send it off to be sure. So hoping things go good for his surgery later this week.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Another update. He has gotten better then past couple days it got worse took him to vet and vet says he has a pollup that needs to be removed and they didn't think it was cancerous but will send it off to be sure. So hoping things go good for his surgery later this week.

UGH.... Sending many hugs and prayers all goes well and this fixes him up right. Please keep us posted

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.