Help Needed! Bloody Anus

xBandit

Jun 14, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hello all. We have had our boy Petey for about a week. During his foster care and our care he has bled after he has a bowel movement. Its a pretty good amount. Took him to vet and vet didn't see anything wrong. Monday got neutered and checked again for his anus issue. He is clear of parasites. They checked anal glands as well as prostate still no problems found. We get him today.and he is having constipation issues scooting his butt around a bunch of times keeping his anus flared up and been bleeding for couple hours off and on. He is eating and drinking fine. We did put some preparation h on his anus to try relieve any itchyness. Before he got rescued the owner would keep him in for days at a time in a crate and he would hold it for long periods of time maybe that has something to do with it? We did see a little red thing come out of his anus just 15 min ago when he had a bowel movement. I can post a picture if anyone wants to see it could be a hemroid . Can anyone help me with this issue.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like he may have something protruding, I would definitely seek a second opinion from a Bully vet if possible.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would find a good bully vet, as it could be a prolapse anus, or just irritated from being constipated. I would add water to his food, to get more water in him and that should help some. You may even have to change his food to help with the constipation.

OP
X

xBandit

Jun 14, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
We have started today first meal back was a good.grain free dog food. When we feed him we mix dry dog food with canned.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We have started today first meal back was a good.grain free dog food. When we feed him we mix dry dog food with canned.

Thats good, please keep us posted on him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Add some water as David suggested and also some 100% pure canned pumpkin! it helps with both constipation and diarrhea .... Can you post the pic, I agree it could be a prolapsed anus from all the straining, my Frenchie had this and he had to have it 'stitched back into place

OP
X

xBandit

Jun 14, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Will start adding water to his food and we are gonna get a few cans of pumpkin tomorrow. Here is the photo uploadfromtaptalk1403659782401.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Will start adding water to his food and we are gonna get a few cans of pumpkin tomorrow. Here is the photo View attachment 73232

poor little guy.... It is hard to tell, but I think it is a prolapse, when you wipe, it is a lot of blood or a small streak?... Send the picture to you vet and ask if he agrees, but you may need to get a second opinion.

OP
X

xBandit

Jun 14, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
When I wipe it it is a good bit. But.tomorrow morning will talk to local vet to see what they say.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When I wipe it it is a good bit. But.tomorrow morning will talk to local vet to see what they say.

If it is a prolapse, it is from stress and depending on extent, he could need surgery or just a special diet to help it heal. First up get the poo softer, so the water and pumpkin will help.

OP
X

xBandit

Jun 14, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Actually today his poo was a little runny other than normal. But hoping his new diet and the pumpkin helps him. I know he has to be stressed he went from a bad environment to a a foster to our home plus vet visits and just being nurtured

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Actually today his poo was a little runny other than normal. But hoping his new diet and the pumpkin helps him. I know he has to be stressed he went from a bad environment to a a foster to our home plus vet visits and just being nurtured

Definitely he is stressed, Bulldogs can be OCD, give him a big hug from us and keep us posted after the vet visit

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Thank you for taking him in you're a Life Saver!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hi [MENTION=12134]xBandit[/MENTION], I'm just reading this and you rec'vd some very good advice. I sure hope your bully will feel better and the symptoms will improve. Getting him in to see the vet tomorrow sounds like a great plan. Keep us posted and thank you for adopting him into your home and life!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.