Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bloody Anus

Quote Originally Posted by xBandit View Post
    Actually today his poo was a little runny other than normal. But hoping his new diet and the pumpkin helps him. I know he has to be stressed he went from a bad environment to a a foster to our home plus vet visits and just being nurtured

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk
    Definitely he is stressed, Bulldogs can be OCD, give him a big hug from us and keep us posted after the vet visit
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Actually today his poo was a little runny other than normal. But hoping his new diet and the pumpkin helps him. I know he has to be stressed he went from a bad environment to a a foster to our home plus vet visits and just being nurtured

Thank you for taking him in you're a Life Saver!

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hi @xBandit, I'm just reading this and you rec'vd some very good advice. I sure hope your bully will feel better and the symptoms will improve. Getting him in to see the vet tomorrow sounds like a great plan. Keep us posted and thank you for adopting him into your home and life!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

Thanks all for the info and help. Petey is still bleeding from his butt but it's not dripping out only when he sits down which to me looks like fresh blood. He is no longer scooting across floor . We been applying preparation h to his butt to try to relieve it some. I called the vet which checked him out Monday but gotta call back everyone is busy to talk to was gonna see what they suggested me to do. But he is continuing drinking and eating just fine.

Real Name
    Kelly
    Country
    us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
    Likes (Received)

Could possibly be a hemorrhoid which may be what you see when he has a bowel movement. Stress can also cause bloody poo but it should subside within a couple of days. I'd definitely get him back in if it gets worse or doesn't resolve in a day or 2.
    Happiness is looking at your dogs face...and forgetting all your problems

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thanks all for the info and help. Petey is still bleeding from his butt but it's not dripping out only when he sits down which to me looks like fresh blood. He is no longer scooting across floor . We been applying preparation h to his butt to try to relieve it some. I called the vet which checked him out Monday but gotta call back everyone is busy to talk to was gonna see what they suggested me to do. But he is continuing drinking and eating just fine.

Keep up the Prep H and let us know how the call goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    e.

Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

Our boy Abbott had a prolapsed anus around 10 weeks that looked just like this.He had diarrhea from parasites from his mom that the breeder hadn't treated properly.Our vet put it back in with a little sugar and saline mixture.Sugar draws out the inflammation I think but it worked and he's great now at a year and a half.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Christie H View Post
    Our boy Abbott had a prolapsed anus around 10 weeks that looked just like this.He had diarrhea from parasites from his mom that the breeder hadn't treated properly.Our vet put it back in with a little sugar and saline mixture.Sugar draws out the inflammation I think but it worked and he's great now at a year and a half.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Could it be a worm sack? Has he been regularly treated for this. Sometimes if the sack is large enough it can take a couple of sting treatments one after the other via a vet to help. The sack if big enough can bleed and protrudes m&s then go back inside. I had this with a previous dog we had. Hope all is ok

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

Update. He is doing better. Talked to vet that saw him and she said she had exhausted all efforts she knew to look at for his butt. She said if it don't get better to bring him in Monday for a second opinion when the head vet gets there. He is still bleeding but not nearly as much. Before it would take 5-6 paper towels I would put pressure on his butt to get dry up the blood now it's only taking 2. He is sometimes scooting his butt but I think his stitches from getting neutered is bothering him. The little red thing I showed in the picture hasn't came back. So I think the prep h and new grain free food is helping. We have been putting pumpkin in his food and he is no longer straining to poop. But if it's not better or cleared up by the weekend I will take him to a new vet.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Update. He is doing better. Talked to vet that saw him and she said she had exhausted all efforts she knew to look at for his butt. She said if it don't get better to bring him in Monday for a second opinion when the head vet gets there. He is still bleeding but not nearly as much. Before it would take 5-6 paper towels I would put pressure on his butt to get dry up the blood now it's only taking 2. He is sometimes scooting his butt but I think his stitches from getting neutered is bothering him. The little red thing I showed in the picture hasn't came back. So I think the prep h and new grain free food is helping. We have been putting pumpkin in his food and he is no longer straining to poop. But if it's not better or cleared up by the weekend I will take him to a new vet.
    that is a great update.... seems it might just be all stress related and I pray he is all good real quick. keep us posted
    e.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    that is a great update.... seems it might just be all stress related and I pray he is all good real quick. keep us posted
    Thank you for the support. We have a nice 24/7 vet near me so if over the weekend if it is not better or cleared up I will be taking him. Doesn't ever hurt getting another look. He has been to two different vets for the issue and no one could find the problem so I'm hoping the steps we are taking is gonna help him

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads