Fungi Problems

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
OK I live in Northwest Arkansas where it is both moist and humid at times.We are experiencing a lot of mushroom growth in our yards.Everyone knows that mushrooms + bulldogs is bad news when they eat them. Well our two have of course gotten ahold of a few.They have drooled.thrown up.and had diarrhea, thankfully nothing life threatening.My question is has anyone experienced this and what do you give your bullies for emergencies to help ..Thank u

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepto bismal has worked well when they have a sour stomach but I would call the poison hotline because most mushrooms are fatal to bullys :(

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I usually pull them up as soon as I see them, but ours have never wanted to eat them either. You can use Hydrogen Peroxide to induce vomiting, if they ever eat something they should nit have, give about two tablespoons at first and that should do the trick. It will take about 10 to 15 minutes to work. Sometime you have to give a little more, but not usually.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I usually pull them up as soon as I see them, but ours have never wanted to eat them either. You can use Hydrogen Peroxide to induce vomiting, if they ever eat something they should nit have, give about two tablespoons at first and that should do the trick. It will take about 10 to 15 minutes to work. Sometime you have to give a little more, but not usually.

Agreed. :up:

OP
Christie H

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We pull up as many as we can find,it seems they multiply.Thanks for the info these are things I keep on hand.I know my vet says the red ones are the worst.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It's been a big issue here in TN… Thanks for posting this info!!!

OP
Christie H

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Last year our bullies would sniff them out and eat them and of course we would panic

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.