Help Needed! Help something is on his nose or wrong with his nose.

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
Same exact thing was wrong with Roscoe when I got him. I put coconut oil on his nose and it looks so much better. Here's before & after pics (only 4 weeks after). Usually I rub it on with my fingers but sometimes I use a paper towel so I can lightly scrub off the rough parts. Plus I put it on his behind because it was horribly dry & cracked too.

View attachment 73202
OMG he looks great now. hopeful now. He is so gorgeous. He compliments his red collar. so cute.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you have already received great advice from everyone. My Dozers nose also gets dry like that sometimes, and I tried a few products, the last one I tried was Burt's Bees for Dogs, but anything that smells good or tastes good, he licks it off. I use Vaseline and it works well, I haven't tried coconut oil on his nose, but I think I will give it a try, hopefully he won't eat it off. Lol. I think all of the suggestions you got will work, as long as you use them consistently, and keep applying it until it heals, and then on a regular basis as needed or as a preventative measure. It should heal up soon, he's so lucky you adopted him.

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi, you have already received great advice from everyone. My Dozers nose also gets dry like that sometimes, and I tried a few products, the last one I tried was Burt's Bees for Dogs, but anything that smells good or tastes good, he licks it off. I use Vaseline and it works well, I haven't tried coconut oil on his nose, but I think I will give it a try, hopefully he won't eat it off. Lol. I think all of the suggestions you got will work, as long as you use them consistently, and keep applying it until it heals, and then on a regular basis as needed or as a preventative measure. It should heal up soon, he's so lucky you adopted him.
Thank you. Ya today I will be going on a hunt for everything I was told. If you don't mind me asking where do you get coconut oil from?

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You can buy coconut oil in a big tub from Costco, it's a good price there. You can also find it in any Health Food store like Nutrition House, and in most grocery stores in their organic food or health food sections.

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
You can buy coconut oil in a big tub from Costco, it's a good price there. You can also find it in any Health Food store like Nutrition House, and in most grocery stores in their organic food or health food sections.
Will have to make a stop today. Thank you.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Gordosmom1212

Aug 11, 2013
Pflugerville, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnum (EB), Delta (EB), Gracie (EB), Zoey (FB), Pebbles (FB), Prada (FB)
Gordos nose was exactly like that. Since I use coconut oil for cooking I also put it on his nose and give Gordo a tbs or tsp every other day

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordos nose was exactly like that. Since I use coconut oil for cooking I also put it on his nose and give Gordo a tbs or tsp every other day

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
I am going to start giving it to him like that I think he needs it. A lot.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I use the coconut oil on Bocephus' nose as well. He does try to lick it off but I cake it on there pretty good. It's wicked dry here in Utah so I do it about every other day

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
I use the coconut oil on Bocephus' nose as well. He does try to lick it off but I cake it on there pretty good. It's wicked dry here in Utah so I do it about every other day
ya I think he will need it for awhile he is really bad.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you going to order it today. Can I ask how often you put it on?

Sent from S4 (Mia)

In the winter, almost every day.... summer as I see she needs it

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
Wow [MENTION=8562]IPickedADaisy[/MENTION] the coconut oil worked amazingly!! My boy Fatso is 5 and has always had a very dry nose..I have tried a few things but nothing ever worked but The day I saw your picture on this thread I started using it on his nose..I already had it bc I put it in their food..4 days later his nose looks so beautiful!! All of his barnacles are gone!! Thank you!!

Members online

No members online now.