Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 32

Thread: Help something is on his nose or wrong with his nose.

  1. #13
    Dog Groomer Mia Amor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Anaheim/ So Cal
    Posts
    591
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Help something is on his nose or wrong with his nose.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Aquaphor and Musher's Secret for paws... both will help tremendously!
    Mushers where can I get that?

    Sent from S4 (Mia)

  2. #14
    Dog Groomer Mia Amor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Anaheim/ So Cal
    Posts
    591
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Help something is on his nose or wrong with his nose.

    Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Yes there is many products you can try. Aquaphor, snout soother, I think @2BullyMama uses bag balm? Probably don't want to use coconut oil on paw pads then he'll just want to lick it.

    For the paw pads if it's hyper keratosis you can actually trim off the access with scissors, soak paws first to soften it, just be careful. Follow up with an additional paw soak and keep working in it and eventually it will go away. This usually builds up in lazy adults who don't get much time walking on cement or asphalt surfaces to help file it down.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You were right that exactly what he has on his paws. All you guys are like mini vets love it. And there is no charge just help and love.

    Sent from S4 (Mia)

  3. #15
    Crazy Bulldog Lady IPickedADaisy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    243
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Default Re: Help something is on his nose or wrong with his nose.

    Same exact thing was wrong with Roscoe when I got him. I put coconut oil on his nose and it looks so much better. Here's before & after pics (only 4 weeks after). Usually I rub it on with my fingers but sometimes I use a paper towel so I can lightly scrub off the rough parts. Plus I put it on his behind because it was horribly dry & cracked too.

    -roscoe-4-weeks-2014-06-12-jpg
    Want to see more of me? Follow me on Instagram @DaisyMaeHambone

  4. #16
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,169
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11504

    Default Re: Help something is on his nose or wrong with his nose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mia Amor View Post
    Mushers where can I get that? Sent from S4 (Mia)
    I get it off of Ebay or Amazon... it is so much cheaper that way
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  5. #17
    Dog Groomer Mia Amor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Anaheim/ So Cal
    Posts
    591
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Help something is on his nose or wrong with his nose.

    Quote Originally Posted by IPickedADaisy View Post
    Same exact thing was wrong with Roscoe when I got him. I put coconut oil on his nose and it looks so much better. Here's before & after pics (only 4 weeks after). Usually I rub it on with my fingers but sometimes I use a paper towel so I can lightly scrub off the rough parts. Plus I put it on his behind because it was horribly dry & cracked too.

    -roscoe-4-weeks-2014-06-12-jpg
    OMG he looks great now. hopeful now. He is so gorgeous. He compliments his red collar. so cute.

    Sent from S4 (Mia)

  6. #18
    Dog Groomer Mia Amor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Anaheim/ So Cal
    Posts
    591
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Help something is on his nose or wrong with his nose.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I get it off of Ebay or Amazon... it is so much cheaper that way
    Thank you going to order it today. Can I ask how often you put it on?

    Sent from S4 (Mia)

  7. #19
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,638
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2118

    Default Re: Help something is on his nose or wrong with his nose.

    Hi, you have already received great advice from everyone. My Dozers nose also gets dry like that sometimes, and I tried a few products, the last one I tried was Burt's Bees for Dogs, but anything that smells good or tastes good, he licks it off. I use Vaseline and it works well, I haven't tried coconut oil on his nose, but I think I will give it a try, hopefully he won't eat it off. Lol. I think all of the suggestions you got will work, as long as you use them consistently, and keep applying it until it heals, and then on a regular basis as needed or as a preventative measure. It should heal up soon, he's so lucky you adopted him.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  8. #20
    Dog Groomer Mia Amor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Anaheim/ So Cal
    Posts
    591
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Help something is on his nose or wrong with his nose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Hi, you have already received great advice from everyone. My Dozers nose also gets dry like that sometimes, and I tried a few products, the last one I tried was Burt's Bees for Dogs, but anything that smells good or tastes good, he licks it off. I use Vaseline and it works well, I haven't tried coconut oil on his nose, but I think I will give it a try, hopefully he won't eat it off. Lol. I think all of the suggestions you got will work, as long as you use them consistently, and keep applying it until it heals, and then on a regular basis as needed or as a preventative measure. It should heal up soon, he's so lucky you adopted him.
    Thank you. Ya today I will be going on a hunt for everything I was told. If you don't mind me asking where do you get coconut oil from?

    Sent from S4 (Mia)

  9. #21
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,638
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2118

    Default Re: Help something is on his nose or wrong with his nose.

    You can buy coconut oil in a big tub from Costco, it's a good price there. You can also find it in any Health Food store like Nutrition House, and in most grocery stores in their organic food or health food sections.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  10. #22
    Dog Groomer Mia Amor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Anaheim/ So Cal
    Posts
    591
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Help something is on his nose or wrong with his nose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    You can buy coconut oil in a big tub from Costco, it's a good price there. You can also find it in any Health Food store like Nutrition House, and in most grocery stores in their organic food or health food sections.
    Will have to make a stop today. Thank you.

    Sent from S4 (Mia)

  11. #23
    Pet Sitter Gordosmom1212's Avatar
    Real Name
    Amanda
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Keller, Texas
    Posts
    338
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordo Fatsky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Help something is on his nose or wrong with his nose.

    Gordos nose was exactly like that. Since I use coconut oil for cooking I also put it on his nose and give Gordo a tbs or tsp every other day

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

  12. #24
    Dog Groomer Mia Amor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Anaheim/ So Cal
    Posts
    591
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Help something is on his nose or wrong with his nose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordosmom1212 View Post
    Gordos nose was exactly like that. Since I use coconut oil for cooking I also put it on his nose and give Gordo a tbs or tsp every other day

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    I am going to start giving it to him like that I think he needs it. A lot.

    Sent from S4 (Mia)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •