Help Needed! So last night I adopted a huge giant of a beast English bulldog. He is 4 yrs old and giant. Lol. They guy I got him from coul

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
So last night i adopted a giant beast of a English bulldog named chunks. I noticed today he has a heat spot and i wanted to know do i put a shirt on him or not? Sorry spot is on his stomach. So do i cover it so it won't get dirty or scrapped as he lays or do i let it air out?
7udamyqe.jpg
e6a2uvuh.jpg

Pls help.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Thanks so much for adopting him, he is a handsome boy. Wash the hot spot with antibacterial soap and do not cover, you want it to dry out.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Congrats on the adoption!!!! Like david said antibacterial soap, keep it dry. maybe even some Neosporin cream during the day. He's a handsome boy!!

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks so much for adopting him, he is a handsome boy. Wash the hot spot with antibacterial soap and do not cover, you want it to dry out.
OK thank you david. My other girl Mia is still a puppy 3months and never had to deal with this yet. so was unsure.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Congrats on the adoption!!!! Like david said antibacterial soap, keep it dry. maybe even some Neosporin cream during the day. He's a handsome boy!!
Thank you. I have never seen a bulldog so big. He has to 75lbs. and tall for a bulldog. Now that I know about the cream I am running out to get it right now. Thank you so much for the advice I love how everyone is so helpful and never puts down or judges. love💙

Sent from S4 (Mia)

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Congrats on your adoption.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Thank you Todd. I hope I know what I am in for with this guy. lol thought he was going to be so much smaller. This guy is on steroids or something. lol

Sent from S4 (Mia)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Congratulations on the adoption!!! :w00t: Did you give him a name yet? How is he getting along w/Mia?!! Details please… Lol

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Congratulations on the adoption!!! :w00t: Did you give him a name yet? How is he getting along w/Mia?!! Details please… Lol
Thank you Tracey. Well it was gradual as she is still so small only about 13lbs. and he is a huge giant. He is so tall and 75lbs. I think. They could no longer take care of him and I didn't want him going to a shelter or being resold on Craigslist. They do not care about this breed on cl. sad. But so far so good I hope. any advice with boys would help. ya I think this guy has to be on steroids. lol I'm gonna try and take a picture of him by something so you guys can see what I'm up against. lol

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Congratulations Yvette on your new baby. He's a gorgeous Chunk. You're so great for adopting him. I don't have any experience with hot spots, but you have been given great advice already. You can also try rinsing him with warm water and vinegar after he's shampooed.

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Congratulations Yvette on your new baby. He's a gorgeous Chunk. You're so great for adopting him. I don't have any experience with hot spots, but you have been given great advice already. You can also try rinsing him with warm water and vinegar after he's shampooed.
Thank you Monica. I'm going to try a few things and see what works for him. It's not raw or anything just want to make sure he doesn't rub it to much and because he so big his weight while scrapping the floor will not help either.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Vinegar is a natural anti bacterial, anti fungal, and anti inflammatory, and it also balances the natural Ph levels of the skin, so it will kill the bad bacteria on his skin, plus it leaves the skin and fur so soft. I rinse my guys with vinegar and warm water, after I bath them, and it keeps them smelling nicer longer between their baths.

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Vinegar is a natural anti bacterial, anti fungal, and anti inflammatory, and it also balances the natural Ph levels of the skin, so it will kill the bad bacteria on his skin, plus it leaves the skin and fur so soft. I rinse my guys with vinegar and warm water, after I bath them, and it keeps them smelling nicer longer between their baths.
You are awesome your like a bulldog encyclopedia. I love all ur post. love all the advice I get from you guys.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Ah what a sweet baby!!! You are a doll for giving him a loving home and not letting him get into hands that would not know the breed. Male bulldogs can be BIG. Do you know what they were feeding him or of he has any allergies???

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online