Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So last night I adopted a huge giant of a beast English bulldog. He is 4 yrs old and giant. Lol. They guy I got him from coul

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)

Default So last night I adopted a huge giant of a beast English bulldog. He is 4 yrs old and giant. Lol. They guy I got him from coul

So last night i adopted a giant beast of a English bulldog named chunks. I noticed today he has a heat spot and i wanted to know do i put a shirt on him or not? Sorry spot is on his stomach. So do i cover it so it won't get dirty or scrapped as he lays or do i let it air out?
    Pls help.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: So last night I adopted a huge giant of a beast English bulldog. He is 4 yrs old and giant. Lol. They guy I got him from

Thanks so much for adopting him, he is a handsome boy. Wash the hot spot with antibacterial soap and do not cover, you want it to dry out.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: So last night I adopted a huge giant of a beast English bulldog. He is 4 yrs old and giant. Lol. They guy I got him from

Congrats on the adoption!!!! Like david said antibacterial soap, keep it dry. maybe even some Neosporin cream during the day. He's a handsome boy!!

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Thanks so much for adopting him, he is a handsome boy. Wash the hot spot with antibacterial soap and do not cover, you want it to dry out.
    OK thank you david. My other girl Mia is still a puppy 3months and never had to deal with this yet. so was unsure.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    Congrats on the adoption!!!! Like david said antibacterial soap, keep it dry. maybe even some Neosporin cream during the day. He's a handsome boy!!
    Thank you. I have never seen a bulldog so big. He has to 75lbs. and tall for a bulldog. Now that I know about the cream I am running out to get it right now. Thank you so much for the advice I love how everyone is so helpful and never puts down or judges. love💙

Sent from S4 (Mia)

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Congrats on your adoption.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    Congrats on your adoption.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Thank you Todd. I hope I know what I am in for with this guy. lol thought he was going to be so much smaller. This guy is on steroids or something. lol

Sent from S4 (Mia)

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Congratulations on the adoption!!! Did you give him a name yet? How is he getting along w/Mia?!! Details please… Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Congratulations on the adoption!!! Did you give him a name yet? How is he getting along w/Mia?!! Details please… Lol
    Thank you Tracey. Well it was gradual as she is still so small only about 13lbs. and he is a huge giant. He is so tall and 75lbs. I think. They could no longer take care of him and I didn't want him going to a shelter or being resold on Craigslist. They do not care about this breed on cl. sad. But so far so good I hope. any advice with boys would help. ya I think this guy has to be on steroids. lol I'm gonna try and take a picture of him by something so you guys can see what I'm up against. lol

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Congratulations Yvette on your new baby. He's a gorgeous Chunk. You're so great for adopting him. I don't have any experience with hot spots, but you have been given great advice already. You can also try rinsing him with warm water and vinegar after he's shampooed.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Congratulations Yvette on your new baby. He's a gorgeous Chunk. You're so great for adopting him. I don't have any experience with hot spots, but you have been given great advice already. You can also try rinsing him with warm water and vinegar after he's shampooed.
    Thank you Monica. I'm going to try a few things and see what works for him. It's not raw or anything just want to make sure he doesn't rub it to much and because he so big his weight while scrapping the floor will not help either.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Vinegar is a natural anti bacterial, anti fungal, and anti inflammatory, and it also balances the natural Ph levels of the skin, so it will kill the bad bacteria on his skin, plus it leaves the skin and fur so soft. I rinse my guys with vinegar and warm water, after I bath them, and it keeps them smelling nicer longer between their baths.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads