Help Needed! So last night I adopted a huge giant of a beast English bulldog. He is 4 yrs old and giant. Lol. They guy I got him from coul

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
He is beautiful Mia, and thanks for giving him a good home. I am wondering if he is an "Old English Bulldog" like my Hooch. Hooch weighs 80.2 lbs and is also very tall in comparison to the English Bulldogs. Old English bulldogs are a mix between English bulldogs and American Bulldogs. I did a lot of research on them before I got Hooch. Very interesting reading about this breed. Hooch is in great shape and is not overweight he has a very broad chest and is very muscular. He has a great set of Turkey Legs (LOL). Good luck to you and your boy. Shamrock13 and Hooch
I was just talking to my husband. Do you happen to know if AKC recognizes Olde English bulldog. He came with his reg. papers.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
Congratulations on your new Chunk! It sounds like a similar situation to my adopting Roscoe. I got him off craigslist. He was 79.8 lbs! I thought maybe he too was Olde English Bulldog too but his registration papers say English Bulldog. He needed lots of medical care mainly from neglect over the years. He was peeing on everything & humping Daisy relentlessly until I got him neutered (had to do it quick because he had a tumor on testicle). I changed him to good food and he is down to 75 lbs of pure muscle. He is a love bug and I am so happy I rescued him. Good luck with Chunk & bless you for rescuing him.

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Congratulations on your new Chunk! It sounds like a similar situation to my adopting Roscoe. I got him off craigslist. He was 79.8 lbs! I thought maybe he too was Olde English Bulldog too but his registration papers say English Bulldog. He needed lots of medical care mainly from neglect over the years. He was peeing on everything & humping Daisy relentlessly until I got him neutered (had to do it quick because he had a tumor on testicle). I changed him to good food and he is down to 75 lbs of pure muscle. He is a love bug and I am so happy I rescued him. Good luck with Chunk & bless you for rescuing him.
Thank you and ya see his papers say the same but I thought I read somewhere AKC doesn't recognize olde English anymore. Not sure. What food did you switch him too? He is on Royal right now. Very neglected he is well mannered but health wise simple fixes or care at the time would not have him so bad.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... what a BIG HANDSOME boy!! Thank you for giving him a new LOVING and CARIG home!!!

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
Roscoe was on Pedigree!! I switched him to Blue Buffalo Basic Grain Free because that is what Daisy is on. He also gets 1 tsp of powdered buttermilk in his meals to help with tear stains. They are much better now but maybe it's just because he is actually getting cleaned.
I'll look into whether AKC recognizes Olde English. I'd think if they didn't they just wouldn't register them. Not register them as something else (English).

shamrock13

Sep 4, 2013
Absecon, New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
I was just talking to my husband. Do you happen to know if AKC recognizes Olde English bulldog. He came with his reg. papers.

Sent from S4 (Mia)
No they are not recognized by AKC. Hooch's papers are from the International Olde Englis Bulldogge Association. It's an international Associate that was established in 1995.

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG.... what a BIG HANDSOME boy!! Thank you for giving him a new LOVING and CARIG home!!!
Thank you and he is such a sweetheart. He already won us over. These bulldogs do a number on you in just a little time. I wish I could just spoil him but I have to put that money into all the help he will need to get him to a normal healthy bulldog.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Roscoe was on Pedigree!! I switched him to Blue Buffalo Basic Grain Free because that is what Daisy is on. He also gets 1 tsp of powdered buttermilk in his meals to help with tear stains. They are much better now but maybe it's just because he is actually getting cleaned.
I'll look into whether AKC recognizes Olde English. I'd think if they didn't they just wouldn't register them. Not register them as something else (English).
Ya he doesn't have any issues with skin thank god but he does have a hot spot on his tummy. Maybe I'll do the switch he doesn't seem to eat the food he had left for him. ya I talked to the guy today he doesn't live far from me and he said he is full English just big. I should be getting pix of his parents soon I hope. but your so right I don't think they would either (akc) but never know. I seen people passing around papers on Craigslist. sad. I.look on there every so often for bulldogs that are not being treated right lol. mommy in me. Then I refer them to this site. 😉

Sent from S4 (Mia)

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
No they are not recognized by AKC. Hooch's papers are from the International Olde Englis Bulldogge Association. It's an international Associate that was established in 1995.
Ya see I read somewhere I think here that they dont. Well I just spoke to his previous owner and I'm supposed to get pix of his parents and he said he was full English bulldog. I do have his akc papers. we will see I'll post pix of his parents when I get Em see what you guys think.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Heeeyyy Congratulations!!! boy I'm so excited for you! he is very handsome too! tell us more about him...how did you get him, why did the the old owners give him up? LOL nosy much? So happy you gave him another chance and a new home! Bless you!

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Heeeyyy Congratulations!!! boy I'm so excited for you! he is very handsome too! tell us more about him...how did you get him, why did the the old owners gave him up? LOL nosy much? So happy you gave him another chance and a new home! Bless you!
Hello. . I was kind of looking not looking for a older bulldog. Well a guy not to far from where I live asked if I would be interested in taking him in because he had a 2 year old and his wife and him wanted to travel now and didn't want to take care of him anymore. Honestly over here in cali. The Craigslist ads for bulldogs are so sad people don't care for them right and have them outside in dirt and you can tell they have skin problems. They had a puppy on their and he was only 6 wks with bad eye problems sad. So I went to see him and fell in love. I didn't want the poor guy to end up on Craigslist or in pound. a lot of people out here buy and resell dogs pups whatever. right now I see so many bulldogs on cl going for 200. adults of course and then I'll see the same dog going for 800 in a new area. So that's how he became mine. Just cause of Mia he knew I had Mia too so they asked.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Lucky Chunk you were there. Same old sad stories huh? Will you rename him?

OP
Mia Amor

Mia Amor

Apr 30, 2014
Anaheim/ So Cal
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucky Chunk you were there. Same old sad stories huh? Will you rename him?
honestly because of his age didn't want to but I think I am to Chubbs. His akc is Chunks the fatso. lol so still sticking to something close Chubbs. what do u think?

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.