Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So last night I adopted a huge giant of a beast English bulldog. He is 4 yrs old and giant. Lol. They guy I got him from coul

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: So last night I adopted a huge giant of a beast English bulldog. He is 4 yrs old and giant. Lol. They guy I got him from

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaH12 View Post
    WOW!!!!! He is a big boy. And adorable as heck. Have fun
    pray for me... lol luckily he is a little trained and we'll behaved.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: So last night I adopted a huge giant of a beast English bulldog. He is 4 yrs old and giant. Lol. They guy I got him from

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Wow, Yvette, Chunks is one handsome boy! Congratulations on your new addition and thank you for adopting him! One more arsenal to add to your bulldog pharmacy cabinet is chlorhexidine solution, aka Hibiclens. You can find this at the drug store; it's an antimicrobial solution that you dilute with water (bottle should have correct amounts for dilution), and is good for bacteria and yeast. I always have this stuff on hand for things like hot spots or scrapes and bug bites too. Let us know how Chunks is doing!
    Thank you and I will be picking that up tomorrow for sure. Thank you for letting me know before hand.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Kennel Cleaner Become a 4 Paw Member shamrock13's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sharren
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hooch
    Likes (Received)

He is beautiful Mia, and thanks for giving him a good home. I am wondering if he is an "Old English Bulldog" like my Hooch. Hooch weighs 80.2 lbs and is also very tall in comparison to the English Bulldogs. Old English bulldogs are a mix between English bulldogs and American Bulldogs. I did a lot of research on them before I got Hooch. Very interesting reading about this breed. Hooch is in great shape and is not overweight he has a very broad chest and is very muscular. He has a great set of Turkey Legs (LOL). Good luck to you and your boy. Shamrock13 and Hooch

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock13 View Post
    He is beautiful Mia, and thanks for giving him a good home. I am wondering if he is an "Old English Bulldog" like my Hooch. Hooch weighs 80.2 lbs and is also very tall in comparison to the English Bulldogs. Old English bulldogs are a mix between English bulldogs and American Bulldogs. I did a lot of research on them before I got Hooch. Very interesting reading about this breed. Hooch is in great shape and is not overweight he has a very broad chest and is very muscular. He has a great set of Turkey Legs (LOL). Good luck to you and your boy. Shamrock13 and Hooch
    When I first picked him up that's what I thought. The guy I got him from said no he is pure English. Not sure though. I have his papers going to check on his parents. Thank you I would love to see a picture here of ur boy.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Doug
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dozer and Koda
    Likes (Received)

Congratulation's on your adoption of Chunk!

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thank you Doug.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shamrock13 View Post
    I was just talking to my husband. Do you happen to know if AKC recognizes Olde English bulldog. He came with his reg. papers.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

Crazy Bulldog Lady IPickedADaisy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Congratulations on your new Chunk! It sounds like a similar situation to my adopting Roscoe. I got him off craigslist. He was 79.8 lbs! I thought maybe he too was Olde English Bulldog too but his registration papers say English Bulldog. He needed lots of medical care mainly from neglect over the years. He was peeing on everything & humping Daisy relentlessly until I got him neutered (had to do it quick because he had a tumor on testicle). I changed him to good food and he is down to 75 lbs of pure muscle. He is a love bug and I am so happy I rescued him. Good luck with Chunk & bless you for rescuing him.
    Want to see more of me? Follow me on Instagram @DaisyMaeHambone

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by IPickedADaisy View Post
    Congratulations on your new Chunk! It sounds like a similar situation to my adopting Roscoe. I got him off craigslist. He was 79.8 lbs! I thought maybe he too was Olde English Bulldog too but his registration papers say English Bulldog. He needed lots of medical care mainly from neglect over the years. He was peeing on everything & humping Daisy relentlessly until I got him neutered (had to do it quick because he had a tumor on testicle). I changed him to good food and he is down to 75 lbs of pure muscle. He is a love bug and I am so happy I rescued him. Good luck with Chunk & bless you for rescuing him.
    Thank you and ya see his papers say the same but I thought I read somewhere AKC doesn't recognize olde English anymore. Not sure. What food did you switch him too? He is on Royal right now. Very neglected he is well mannered but health wise simple fixes or care at the time would not have him so bad.

Sent from S4 (Mia)

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

OMG.... what a BIG HANDSOME boy!! Thank you for giving him a new LOVING and CARIG home!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Crazy Bulldog Lady IPickedADaisy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Roscoe was on Pedigree!! I switched him to Blue Buffalo Basic Grain Free because that is what Daisy is on. He also gets 1 tsp of powdered buttermilk in his meals to help with tear stains. They are much better now but maybe it's just because he is actually getting cleaned.
    I'll look into whether AKC recognizes Olde English. I'd think if they didn't they just wouldn't register them. Not register them as something else (English).
    Want to see more of me? Follow me on Instagram @DaisyMaeHambone

Kennel Cleaner Become a 4 Paw Member shamrock13's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sharren
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hooch
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia Amor View Post
    I was just talking to my husband. Do you happen to know if AKC recognizes Olde English bulldog. He came with his reg. papers.

Sent from S4 (Mia)
    No they are not recognized by AKC. Hooch's papers are from the International Olde Englis Bulldogge Association. It's an international Associate that was established in 1995.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads