Question - knee / limping

DrewAZ

Jun 21, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Benson
I am trying to find some help for Benson, our 3 yr old English Bulldog. He has been limping on his right hind leg.
Nothing ever hurts this tank, but he is really favoring this. Vet said he has a posssible strain or tear. Not ready to xray, so we are trying "rest" ha, and anti inflammatory / pain meds... I saw online about a bully with a knee brace. Never knew... I have read rest, time can heal it. Vet said she grades at 1, as severity. She could pop the knee out, but it would pop right back in. So that was good news.

Not sure how to ask others, so let me know...

Thanks!

Drew

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Drew, I am in the same predicament with Jewel and she is 14 mos. We do not know what happened or when. Jewel is extremely active and her diagnosis is a strain. We are doing the "rest" thing, pain meds, and anti-inflammatory as well but we also have an 8 month bully who wants to play. So Jewel to wants to play in the worst way. We are at the point of walking them separately to limit any rough housing/further injury. We will follow-up with the vet in a couple of weeks.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep... i went through this with my boy... rest is the best thing... avoid running, jumping stairs and short walks are best for a few weeks. we unfortunately ended up having to do the ACL surgery, but it went well

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola had a limp for a few months, Gotta take it easy as much as possible.

sent from my droid mini

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Lola had a limp for a few months, Gotta take it easy as much as possible.

sent from my droid mini

How is Lola doing now? Missed any update!
[MENTION=12188]DrewAZ[/MENTION] Did the vet recommend any joint supplements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I'm confused is it a strain/ tear or a luxating patella? If the vet said grade 1 that sounds like luxating patella? My girlfriends chihuahua is 10years and has grade 3 luxating patella- his rear legs tilt inward- we give him glucosamine- he still runs around and jumps like it doesn't even bother him. He's also only 3lb. It's never fun going through these type of things

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online