Other Banks is home - update

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, the update is... there is no change or explanation at this time. Our vet did not see anything to overly concerning during the week she was with them (figures, right)! he did not want to do any unnecessary tests or procedures until he saw what we were talking about. all her 'accidents' just look to be left-over from her normal bowel movement and he thinks it could just be she is not fully emptying the tank and when she relaxes, the :poo: makes it's way out.

so, for the first time in 10 years going to him, I was unsatisfied with the visit. :(

He wants me to give her some Metamucil with her meals for a few days, stop all medicine and see if there is any change; then call him. he did not rule out my thoughts of her spine getting worse and putting pressure on a nerve, but he said that is not uncommon in her situation. Overall, she is still a beeotchy girl and is very happy to be home.

her and Cheli are beating each other up and she is attacking or trying to anyway, the sprinkler.

thank you all for the thoughts, prayers and concern.... it is greatly appreciated.

I'll keep you all posted so we have the knowledge going forward to help others

kiddies 005.jpg

Last edited:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm sorry you didn't get satisfying answers. I hope Banks gets bettwer soon. How is her little coolie doing?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hmmmm, like you...not satisfied.

Waited all day for this and I'm happy Banks is home, looks well
and still beeotchy :) Love her and you to pieces!

How's her butt looking?

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm sorry you didn't get satisfying answers. I hope Banks gets bettwer soon. How is her little coolie doing?

Hmmmm, like you...not satisfied.

Waited all day for this and I'm happy Banks is home, looks well
and still beeotchy :) Love her and you to pieces!

How's her butt looking?

Her bum looks great... no signs of issue, but our vet told the techs her butt was to be cleaned throughout the day and an antibiotic powder placed on it. So, with 24/7 care and constant wiping, there was no time for the skin to be affected. Guess i need to be on top of it more so than i was before, and make sure she is super clean before I leave for work... might need to do lunch hour runs too.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Aww glad to hear she is home. Hopefully the vet's advice works

- - - Updated - - -

Aww glad to hear she is home. Hopefully the vet's advice works

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Glad to hear she is home but can see why you are unsatisfied just gets so frustrating

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
The metamucil will hopefully help with any runs she may have so hopefully (fingers, toes, eyes crossed), this will be a good addition. I know how frustrating this can be, Christine. Let's see how the next few days go with her, that's really all one can do, and see how Banks progresses. I'm glad to know she's back home with you guys though. I'm sure Cheli is happy too!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That is so frustrading, not to know for sure what is going on!

Jonel

Jun 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman
Good luck with Banks. Boy, do I know first hand how frustrating these vet experiences can be.

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
So sorry you guys are going though this as it sounds very frustrating but glad he's back home with you. Fingers crossed for some improvement's though the week.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Well atleast the little Diva is home. I share your frustrations about not knowing the cause of your baby's problem. It's very exasperating for me. Hope the medicine helps. And hope she gets well really soon. Please give her lots of smoochies and tight hugs for me.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope the Metamucil experiment works out, I love that picture. Can totally picture the gnat in all his glory running around after her

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I know I've already been rambling ideas to you but I had another thought! Estrogen /testosterone helps the bowel and bladdar muscles. This is produced by the adrenal or pituitary gland (can't remember which). With age there is less being produced especially in dogs that have been fixed. So those muscles become weak due to lack of estrogen in females, testosterone in males. Just a thought to run by your vet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.