JAMESnJACLYN

Feb 18, 2012
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda(RIP), Dozer
Hi everyone,
We have a problem with matildas allergies. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on what we can do to relieve her itchyness? She is on antibiotics right now for a skin infectin from the allergies. I give her 3 benedryl in the am and sometimes 2 at night. She has had mange when the vet tried her on a steroid for the allergies. This year is the worst her allergies have ever been. When we were in calgary she had no issues, we moved to ontario and she started with skin infections and had gotten mange. And now being in edmonton she is very bad. Can barely walk without trying to scratch. Last year in edmonton wasnt so bad.
Any advice would be great. I want to try to help soothe her itch.
Thanks

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Has she been through testing to see what her allergy triggers are? They can be expensive. Sounds like she has environmental allergies assuming you've ruled out the food. Is her itchiness just on certain areas?

OP
JAMESnJACLYN

JAMESnJACLYN

Feb 18, 2012
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda(RIP), Dozer
We havnt done the testing yet was always too expensive but i think we will be this year. Shes been fine on the food she is on fromm beef fritata. The itchyness is all over but maily her belly. I think it is grass or something in the spring summer she doesnt seem to have issues in the winter.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I would also have a skin culture done as soon as possible to rule out MRSA.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
We havnt done the testing yet was always too expensive but i think we will be this year. Shes been fine on the food she is on fromm beef fritata. The itchyness is all over but maily her belly. I think it is grass or something in the spring summer she doesnt seem to have issues in the winter.

I had a bully with grass allergies, it can be tough to manage. Rule out other things and then see if wipe downs after going out and antihistamine will help. Poor baby, I know how tough it is seeing them itchy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

maybe try a different antihistamine.... Claritin or zrytec? Also, wipes her off after each outing, belly, paws and face with a cold wash cloth

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online