Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Never tried preparation H but I have tried diaper rash creme and it worked somewhat. It was more successful on his face since he would usually lick it off his foot.
With the cleaning routine, I'd just keep a small basin of clean water near the door and have him stand in it - sometimes I would include regular vinegar. If he was muddy, I'd get hypoallergenic baby wipes and just clean his paws really really good after being outside

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to ask, how old is Lily? It's not uncommon for bulldogs to "grow into" their allergies.

She is two and half. That is a great idea with the basin of clean water. I am going to try that. Thanks!

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
You have some great advice for treatment and you're already treating. My only advice is treat until 100%, not 99% heal. Emma's interdigital cyst came back with vengeance because I didn't treat it until it was completely healed.

Here's a really informative article I prepped that all should read. It's great info to have just in case your bully ever gets one.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...ticle-Interdigital-Furuncle-Interdigital-Cyst

Great info! Thanks so much Jeannie!! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So it has been a few days now since I found the cyst ( I think?) on Lily's paw.
I have held off from taking her to the vet b/c I thought it was just a small cyst.
And that it would hopefully clear up in a few days.
I am using epsom salt & witch hazel to treat it.
And while it hasn't gotten any better or any worse up until this morning when I found blood on her pillow.
I called the vet first thing and got her an appointment after work today.
I still have no idea what this could be.
Does it look like a small cyst to you guys? Something else?
It doesn't seem to bother her at all. She will let me touch it.
I have not seen her licking or biting at it.
I'm really worried that I waited to long. I should of taken her to vet sooner!!
I feel like a horrible mommy right now!! :(

View attachment 72774

I'm thinking this might not be an interdigital cyst are usually between the 'toes' this is on the 'toe', right? --- Lisa could this be a hysto-thingy? [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] If it is the hysto-thingy, they are nothing and will go away on it's own in a few weeks,

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm thinking this might not be an interdigital cyst are usually between the 'toes' this is on the 'toe', right? --- Lisa could this be a hysto-thingy? [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] If it is the hysto-thingy, they are nothing and will go away on it's own in a few weeks,

Yes it could be a hystiocytoma :yes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
I'm thinking this might not be an interdigital cyst are usually between the 'toes' this is on the 'toe', right? --- Lisa could this be a hysto-thingy? @desertskybulldogs If it is the hysto-thingy, they are nothing and will go away on it's own in a few weeks,

Yes it's on the top part of her paw by the toe. I took her to 2 different vets. The first vet said it could be from a bug bite or a cut. She gave us some ointment to use for 10 days. She said to bring her back if it got any bigger with in the 10 days.
I brought her back to the vet 2 days later cause it was bleeding and oozing and it just didn't look right to me but I was told by the second vet that it's fine just a cut of some kind and to keep using the ointment. I just google hystiocytoma and yes it does seem like that could be exactly what this thing is.
But it could take months to go away?? It that right??
I was told not to mess with it just to use the ointment twice a day. So I don't know I guess we are just going to have to wait it out?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hystiocytoma usually don't bleed and ooze... But I do suppose if she's licking it there's a possibility. What kind of ointment did they give you?

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Hystiocytoma usually don't bleed and ooze... But I do suppose if she's licking it there's a possibility. What kind of ointment did they give you?

They gave me Mupirocin ointment.
I have caught her licking it from time to time.
I have no idea what this thing could be. I think it bothers me more than her but I'm still worried.