Ok Now I'm Really Worried Here!!

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
So it has been a few days now since I found the cyst ( I think?) on Lily's paw.
I have held off from taking her to the vet b/c I thought it was just a small cyst.
And that it would hopefully clear up in a few days.
I am using epsom salt & witch hazel to treat it.
And while it hasn't gotten any better or any worse up until this morning when I found blood on her pillow.
I called the vet first thing and got her an appointment after work today.
I still have no idea what this could be.
Does it look like a small cyst to you guys? Something else?
It doesn't seem to bother her at all. She will let me touch it.
I have not seen her licking or biting at it.
I'm really worried that I waited to long. I should of taken her to vet sooner!!
I feel like a horrible mommy right now!! :(

photo.JPG

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm still convinced this is an interdigital cyst… I remember Bella having them, and they did bleed. I will tag some members that have dealt w/this...

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Rampage used to get these all the time - he was allergic to grass and if I didn't keep his feet meticulously clean he would get a cyst - we got a good cleaning routine down and there were no problems after that.
I too think it's a cyst and should clear up. Anything new with Lily? New park or new area she may be walking in? Bulldogs can have different allergy levels for different types of grass.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So it has been a few days now since I found the cyst ( I think?) on Lily's paw.
I have held off from taking her to the vet b/c I thought it was just a small cyst.
And that it would hopefully clear up in a few days.
I am using epsom salt & witch hazel to treat it.
And while it hasn't gotten any better or any worse up until this morning when I found blood on her pillow.
I called the vet first thing and got her an appointment after work today.
I still have no idea what this could be.
Does it look like a small cyst to you guys? Something else?
It doesn't seem to bother her at all. She will let me touch it.
I have not seen her licking or biting at it.
I'm really worried that I waited to long. I should of taken her to vet sooner!!
I feel like a horrible mommy right now!! :(

View attachment 72774

You are not a bad mom, breathe. That's definitely a cyst, and they do bleed. Use some epsom salts in the bathtub and let her walk around in them for 10 minutes twice a day. For a really quick fix get a bottle of VETRICYN off Amazon. It will make it go away quick.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
You are not a bad mom, breathe. That's definitely a cyst, and they do bleed. Use some epsom salts in the bathtub and let her walk around in them for 10 minutes twice a day. For a really quick fix get a bottle of VETRICYN off Amazon. It will make it go away quick.
Buster and Chum got their cysts at about the same time. [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] found this veterycin on Amazon and recommended it to me..the cyst was gone in a mater of days...seemed to work faster than the Epsom salts baths 3 times a day..

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
Has anyone ever tried preparation h on an interdigital cyst? We went to a bulldog meet up in philadelphia and there was an owner there that told me that is what he uses...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Has anyone ever tried preparation h on an interdigital cyst? We went to a bulldog meet up in philadelphia and there was an owner there that told me that is what he uses...

I tried but it did nothing, it's supposed to dry it out but zzzz

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
I tried but it did nothing, it's supposed to dry it out but zzzz
Ok thanks..I was curious but had never tried it..my vet actually gave me drops called Synotic that immediately shrink them..Romeo had a few that were large blood bubbles ans looked so painful so I just use a drop of that if he gets one..he had them constantly for a few months but it's been almost a year since he's had one

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Rampage used to get these all the time - he was allergic to grass and if I didn't keep his feet meticulously clean he would get a cyst - we got a good cleaning routine down and there were no problems after that.
I too think it's a cyst and should clear up. Anything new with Lily? New park or new area she may be walking in? Bulldogs can have different allergy levels for different types of grass.

Nothing comes to mind. She goes in our backyard like she always has. But maybe some new grass or something like that came up. Or maybe she walked in something while on a walk. I'm going to have to come up with a cleaning routine as well.
Thanks

OP
Lily122511

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Buster and Chum got their cysts at about the same time. @pdolphin27 found this veterycin on Amazon and recommended it to me..the cyst was gone in a mater of days...seemed to work faster than the Epsom salts baths 3 times a day..

I will go ahead and try that! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I Haven't tried that either. But this is her first cyst. LOL

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Never tried preparation H but I have tried diaper rash creme and it worked somewhat. It was more successful on his face since he would usually lick it off his foot.
With the cleaning routine, I'd just keep a small basin of clean water near the door and have him stand in it - sometimes I would include regular vinegar. If he was muddy, I'd get hypoallergenic baby wipes and just clean his paws really really good after being outside

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to ask, how old is Lily? It's not uncommon for bulldogs to "grow into" their allergies.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
You have some great advice for treatment and you're already treating. My only advice is treat until 100%, not 99% heal. Emma's interdigital cyst came back with vengeance because I didn't treat it until it was completely healed.

Here's a really informative article I prepped that all should read. It's great info to have just in case your bully ever gets one.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...ticle-Interdigital-Furuncle-Interdigital-Cyst

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.