New to the breed

NinaMarie

Jun 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
I was just recently given an 8 month old pup. She's wonderful and I'm already in love. I'm new to the breed and just have question. I know theses dogs are known for being a little lazy. She loves to play when she's not being lazy, but for the past few mornings she is waking up at around 3-5am. She's whining and moving around in her crate. When I go to get her to go out she seems to have a hard time getting up and then a little bit razzled and seems very clumsy. Back legs give out. It's almost like she is still half asleep. She pees and/or poops then goes back to sleep. Is this normal or is something wrong?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Bullies babies have spurts of energy, and then snooze away… Sounds almost like your baby is sleepwalking… Lol I wouldn't be too alarmed about it, but it does sound like a habit she's developed. Some pups have a hard time holding it all night long, my baby is 4 mos and he can go at least 7 hrs w/out an accident. I'm curious, do you know her behavior pattern at her old house? Maybe she is just used to get up in the middle of the night?!!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Welcome to the site, I have an 8 month old now and I know that depending on where he is napping - if the surface is soft or hard, I think sometimes he slips on his little pads of his feet when trying to sit or stand up right after sleeping. At night he sleeps in the bed with me so it's easier to wake him up and get him going but he sleeps HARD - deep sleep! Sometimes I have to shake him a little to wake him up

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Welcome to the forum , sometimes lilly is acting like that she wont wake up at night but i often do as hubby suffers from PTSD so when i wake her up she is quite clumsy xx

OP
N

NinaMarie

Jun 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
Sad news to report. We took her to the vet for the way she was acting and have been told she is in kidney failure. She has been there since Wednesday. They will be re running test on Monday to see if the treatment is getting her better. If it seems to be we will get an ultrasound of her kidneys and go from there. If no major improvement we will prepare ourselves for goodbye.
Thank you all gory your kindness and input from earlier! 😞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sad news to report. We took her to the vet for the way she was acting and have been told she is in kidney failure. She has been there since Wednesday. They will be re running test on Monday to see if the treatment is getting her better. If it seems to be we will get an ultrasound of her kidneys and go from there. If no major improvement we will prepare ourselves for goodbye.
Thank you all gory your kindness and input from earlier! ��

OMG [MENTION=12121]NinaMarie[/MENTION] I am so sorry to hear this news..... this is absolutely devistating news.... such a great mom you are to have the gut instinct that something was off and get her in. Sending a special prayer for your sweet Maggie. :pray:

OP
N

NinaMarie

Jun 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
Thank you so much! :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sad news to report. We took her to the vet for the way she was acting and have been told she is in kidney failure. She has been there since Wednesday. They will be re running test on Monday to see if the treatment is getting her better. If it seems to be we will get an ultrasound of her kidneys and go from there. If no major improvement we will prepare ourselves for goodbye. Thank you all gory your kindness and input from earlier! 

I'm sorry I missed this thread and now, so very sorry hearing your update.
Thank you for taking her to the Vet and I'm praying they can turn this around.
Please let us know any news, I send to you, hugs of comfort & courage as you
wait, just devastated for you :(

OP
N

NinaMarie

Jun 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
Thank you! It's a sad time, but we haven't stopped praying.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh, Nina, I'm so sorry to hear about Maggie too :( I cannot imagine what you are going thru right now...this is so hard. I guess you will be waiting for the test results on Monday to find out on the prognosis? I will be praying for your little girl and for you to be strong. Again, i'm very sorry. :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you! It's a sad time, but we haven't stopped praying. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending many prayers and positive thoughts to you all. Please keep us posted on how she is doing

OP
N

NinaMarie

Jun 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
Thank you. Yes, they will run the test again on Monday and we will go from there. I will keep everyone updated.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.