update on mr buddha

Sep 20, 2012
Los Angeles, California, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BUDDHA JANAVARA (AWAKEN THE BEAST)
hey guys so earlier today i went back to the vets office for buddha because he is still limping . well apparently he has a luxating patella. my vet explained it to me which is apparently the patella shifting out of its socket. he told us that we could wait it out and hope that it would get better but that it could also get worst and ultimately result in having surgery and become more expensive, than just having the surgery now. hes worry that if we let it try and correct itself that the ligament inside the knee could snap and become painfull and would never properly heal. with that said henry and i decided to go ahead and do the surgery its been 2 months and his limping hasnt stopped so we schedule surgery for the 21st. has anyone had experience with a luxating patella ? i always get nervous with surgeries because of the anesthesia ?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm sending y'all much love & prayers for successful surgery.
If you have confidence in your Vet, let go of worries and let
GOD watch overall of it. Hard to do as we love them so much.
Please, keep us updated~GOD bless Buddha!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, my boy had this and it is actually somewhat common in our Bullies .... Nitschke had torn his ACL which caused the LP, his LP never really healed right, but it never stopped him form getting around and he rarely showed any type of limp. The recoery is tough as you have to restrict EVERYTHING they can do, no steps, running, jumping,etc.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I can help

OP
Brenda Janeth Solano
Sep 20, 2012
Los Angeles, California, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BUDDHA JANAVARA (AWAKEN THE BEAST)
Yes, my boy had this and it is actually somewhat common in our Bullies .... Nitschke had torn his ACL which caused the LP, his LP never really healed right, but it never stopped him form getting around and he rarely showed any type of limp. The recoery is tough as you have to restrict EVERYTHING they can do, no steps, running, jumping,etc.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I can help
Ok thank u so much I'll make sure after surgery he stays put the closer to Friday the more nervous I get specially because my vet is so over protective with Buddha he's keeping him till Monday just to keep an eye on him . Which sucks because I've never been away from Buddha for more than a day. But at least I know my vet cares about my Buddha last eye surgery he would call us every day to make sure that he was doing fine

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Ok thank u so much I'll make sure after surgery he stays put the closer to Friday the more nervous I get specially because my vet is so over protective with Buddha he's keeping him till Monday just to keep an eye on him . Which sucks because I've never been away from Buddha for more than a day. But at least I know my vet cares about my Buddha last eye surgery he would call us every day to make sure that he was doing fine
sending good thoughts and prayers that Buddha has an easy surgery and even easier recovery!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.