Tracheostomy and quality of life

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's a...great...day...to be alive! -Travis Tritt

That's the song I keep hearing in my head today, actually I can just hear Dallas singing that song. :dance:

Our boy came home today! Dr Cambridge said he is indeed a miracle dog. He did leave the temporary trach in for now, but when Dallas breathes, the air is entering through his mouth. He left the temporary trach so that Dallas won't put too much strain on his larynx. We have a followup appointment on Tuesday to check his progress.

We have to nebulize him throughout the day and hand feed him small meals every 3hours, so he must feel like royalty. Other than that, he has just been sleeping as I'm sure he is exhausted. We are on pins and needles, and are hypersensitive to the sound of his every breath, but we are so grateful to God for this gift.

Thanks again to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

View attachment 72813

What a wonderful Father's day gift..... hugs and continued prayers for him to be healthy and happy!!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Dallas is such a sweet boy!!! I am so glad he's home, please keep us updated on his progress. I am so thrilled for all of you

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm so happy to know that Dallas is home w/you, Jeff. That picture of him is so very sweet! Continuing to pray for Dallas and hopeful for a good follow up on Tuesday.

OP
B

Bulldogfan

Jun 11, 2014
Southern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dallas
Thanks again everyone. We have a followup appt. tomorrow. Dallas is doing great considering what he has been through. We both have been with him 24/7 as he needs to be nebulized and have his temporary trach cleaned multiple times a day. Also, he is has to be hand fed small meals 5 times a day (he must feel like a King).

Here is another picture of my little buddy...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 59

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry you all going through this. I have no experience, but wish to say my thoughts and prayers are with you.

OP
B

Bulldogfan

Jun 11, 2014
Southern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dallas
I'm so sorry you all going through this. I have no experience, but wish to say my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you! We have been told that his prognosis is good and he won't need the permanent trach. He has only a temporary trach for now, but for the most part, he is breathing without it. I'm hoping they will close the temp soon.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks again everyone. We have a followup appt. tomorrow. Dallas is doing great considering what he has been through. We both have been with him 24/7 as he needs to be nebulized and have his temporary trach cleaned multiple times a day. Also, he is has to be hand fed small meals 5 times a day (he must feel like a King).

Here is another picture of my little buddy...

Lol...all bulldogs know they are kings & queens, it's a danged birthright!

Dallas truly doesn't look his age and even after being thru so much just
looks amazing! He couldn't have more loving or better parents...lucky
bully :) Praying his vet appt goes great~GOD bless!

Swabully

Nov 22, 2014
Country
Belgium
Bulldog(s) Names
Swa and Lowie
Hi, how is Dallas doing right now? My swakke is going to have surgery monday. They going to try to do the tie back of the larynx. I'm more afraid of the complications than the actual surgery. my bulldog is only 4!!! He's having 'ore and more difficulty to breathe, it is really heartbreaking... I also want to know if there's any quality of life with a tracheatomie, i wonder. Can't bear to think about losing him... But I can't be selfish, can I!? Thank you all for thinking about my sweet sweet bully monday. I'll keep you posted!
A sad bully mom

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I know this is back in June, I am so excited about Dallas, God is Amazing. I will Pray for Your Dallas. Lots Of Love to a Dallas, Great Boy.

- - - Updated - - -

How is Dallas now doing? Please let us all know how this Wonderful Boy is.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi, how is Dallas doing right now? My swakke is going to have surgery monday. They going to try to do the tie back of the larynx. I'm more afraid of the complications than the actual surgery. my bulldog is only 4!!! He's having 'ore and more difficulty to breathe, it is really heartbreaking... I also want to know if there's any quality of life with a tracheatomie, i wonder. Can't bear to think about losing him... But I can't be selfish, can I!? Thank you all for thinking about my sweet sweet bully monday. I'll keep you posted!
A sad bully mom
How did your bully do?

Members online

No members online now.