Neuter Cost?!?

GoCards82

Jan 15, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wacha
I live in the Chicago area and do ok for myself. I take Wacha to a very well reputable vet, but it is not like the have diamond encrusted thermometers or anything. He is scheduled to be neutered on Friday. I am a preparer so when I scheduled his neuter when i got him at eight weeks they said $250 for a 15lbs dog. This guy is 40lbs now, if they ask for $500 on Friday, I think I might faint. Don't get me wrong, I'll pay whatever, but DAMN.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
$500.00 is a little high. Our bully vet is high, but not that high. I think around $300 to $400 is about right. You can find cheaper ones, but I will not trust them with my bullies.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Its right around $400-$500 here right now for a 50+ pound. Its well worth it.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Be glad you don't have a female. Having Harlea spayed was $750.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Bocephus' was about 425. There are cheaper places but as said, I wouldn't trust them putting my baby under safely

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
I live in the Chicago suburbs as well, and paid $750 to have Stella spayed. Who's your vet? If you are going to Dr Navin, (all pets hospital) expect great care, but a big bill! Good luck! I'm sure your baby will do just fine.

OP
G

GoCards82

Jan 15, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wacha
[MENTION=9684]MyStellaBully[/MENTION] I go to River Forest Animal Hospital. Love the staff.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Wow, expensive! I think neutering our boys was around $250 ... and I live in PHX, so a major metropolitan area.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Wow, all these prices seem crazy to me lol
They are crazy but good bully vets know people will pay more. We had other options around us that we could have had it done for as little as $75 but it was one of those low cost clinics that just shovels people in and out all day every day so I wasn't going to trust them with my baby.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
The average for Neuter surgery here in Canada is between $400 and $500, I do remember seeing that the SPCA, did the surgery for a cheaper price, about $250? I think. Spay surgery is a little more expensive, I'm not familiar with the prices in the States, but if you have a good vet, and you trust him, then it's worth it, even if it is a little higher price. You can't go wrong with trust and experience.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.