Sunscreen????

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Do you use sunscreen on your bully, and if you do, what kind do you use? My hubby is wanting to take Dozer fishing with him, which I think Dozer would love as long as it isn't too long out there, but I'm worried about him getting sunburn. I was told once before to put suncreen on him, but just a little leary about that. We live in Florida and it gets HOT!. Thanks for any info you can give.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I don't know how sunscreen would be applied or if it's safe for the ph of their skin, I wonder if they make a doggie sunscreen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BuddercupKelly

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Yes because they would only be out for a little while. But the vet recommended sunscreen. His face does get red when he is outside too long.

Anamaida

Oct 3, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Itzy
Once the vet told me to use baby sunscreen, specially on dogs with white fur.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
My bully's dermatologist said it is OK to use sunscreen as many dogs in his California practice ended up with skin cancer. :( They suggested water-babies for my girl.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I use sunscreen on Bocephus, I use Epi Pet Sun Protector but have also been told you can use infant/child sunscreen. I would recommend one without zinc

B

Baxter Tiberius

Someone on here once said, if its over 79 degrees they should not be outside at all. Adding Florida humidity to that and you're at "Feels like 90". Really dangerous. You might end up with an overheating event on your hands. Be careful.

OP
BuddercupKelly

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
We are always careful where he is concerned. If I go by the 79 degrees he would never get out of the house. LOL He does pretty well, but I usually let him play in the water while we are outside or go in the pool. We've been out in the boat and if we can stop somewhere we let him cool off in the water too. But the white on his face gets a little pink, so I wanted to put something on it so it doesn't get burned. Thanks for your help.
Someone on here once said, if its over 79 degrees they should not be outside at all. Adding Florida humidity to that and you're at "Feels like 90". Really dangerous. You might end up with an overheating event on your hands. Be careful.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online