Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
Bifi has been coughing (i think) or has been throwing up small amounts of slimy fluids since last night (we both didn't sleep). No fever, no greeny nasal discharge. How do i know if he's coughing or throwing up? he just "coughed" a few minutes ago and it has stomach contents meaning some food included. Is it possible that he coughs up some of his lunch (I'm hoping he keeps his lunch down) with some of the phlegm/slime? I am now very scared that it's obstruction. Although i couldn't think of the possible cause of the obstruction. All of his toys are still intact. It's holiday today so no vets open. We would go tomorrow. He still has his appetite but because it's pretty warm 33°C (91°F) he's been panting and sleeping alot so i couldn't really tell if he's lethargic. i don't want to engage him to play just to see if he has the energy for it.

I think it is coughing but if it is why would there be stomach contents in his output? i gave him honey this morning and honey with a little lemon juice and water near his bowl and he drinks it. i think it helps because he no longer wakes up just to cough. input would be greatly appreciated! his snoring right now just like the rest of the day and yesterday. worried sick!!!

I'm sorry your going though this with Bifi, I'm of little help but when my guys get hot and start panting I give them ice cubes to cool them off.

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Thank you everyone for all your well wishes and good advice. really appreciate it ^^.

A little update. Bifi is not overheated i know i sound defensive but he really is not :). I pride myself for being an overprotective mom. My reputation here for being a crazy bulldog owner is known far and wide.

He has been coughing since the other night, the whole day yesterday and today though a little less now. We have been to the vet this morning and he said he thinks Bifi cought something in his throat. Both lungs are clear and his lymphnodes are not swollen. The vet asked if Bifi has been swimming or if he was, at one point, wet and i said i wet him to cool him down because of the heat. Vet thinks it could be the cause or it could also be a peice of stick that got in his throat. or it could also be allergies. so he gave Bifi a shot for allergies and he said if no improvement we should get back Friday. Told him he might've also gotten curious and tasted the cat litter, he said it's a possibility too. or it could be the new kitty passing something to Bifi :pray:.

Bifi is coughing a little less since the vet visit so i hope whatever the vet gave him works. As i don't wanna put him through antibiotics again.

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
Thank you everyone for all your well wishes and good advice. really appreciate it ^^.

A little update. Bifi is not overheated i know i sound defensive but he really is not :). I pride myself for being an overprotective mom. My reputation here for being a crazy bulldog owner is known far and wide.

He has been coughing since the other night, the whole day yesterday and today though a little less now. We have been to the vet this morning and he said he thinks Bifi cought something in his throat. Both lungs are clear and his lymphnodes are not swollen. The vet asked if Bifi has been swimming or if he was, at one point, wet and i said i wet him to cool him down because of the heat. Vet thinks it could be the cause or it could also be a peice of stick that got in his throat. or it could also be allergies. so he gave Bifi a shot for allergies and he said if no improvement we should get back Friday. Told him he might've also gotten curious and tasted the cat litter, he said it's a possibility too. or it could be the new kitty passing something to Bifi :pray:.

Bifi is coughing a little less since the vet visit so i hope whatever the vet gave him works. As i don't wanna put him through antibiotics again.

Well that's good he is coughing less now and glad your vet, is on it, and I'm sure you will have it figured out soon.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thank you for the update! We all know what a great bully parent you are and it sounds like you and your vet are on top of this. Hoping the allergy shot will help ease the coughing and that little Bifi will be back to his normal self very soon. Give the cutie a big hug from us!!:drawheart2:

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
So glad Bifi is feeling better!!!! Hope he's all back to normal really quickly!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Thanks for the update and I hope he keeps improving.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Glad to hear Bifi is getting better... Keep us posted on your baby!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

i am still playing catch up from being away.... how is your baby doing, any better?

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
i am still playing catch up from being away.... how is your baby doing, any better?

Yup the antibiotic has finally kicked in. Coughing and reverse sneezing are still there but otherwise he is so much better now. Thank you very much!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yup the antibiotic has finally kicked in. Coughing and reverse sneezing are still there but otherwise he is so much better now. Thank you very much!

So glad to hear it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Thank You, GOD, for Bifi's recovery...his family needs him :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

:clap: YEAH!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.